From Software Games

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
43 minutes ago, Duke said:

went down to lower undead burg where I was promptly mugged by some gutter children

Take that section very slowly. 

Well done on the progress though! Trust me, in a few levels time (well maybe about 15) you'll have the skills and the firepower to murder those silver knights. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Duke said:

Having now patched the hole I made in my wall from the aforementioned switch throw (not a joke), I decided to cheese that black knight. I then killed the one at the tower entrance to the parish by luring him into fire. He killed me but couldn't withstand the flames and gave up the ghost before my death animation finished. From that point I was in the zone for a bit, other than fleeing the black knight in the church itself by escaping down a lift (and then back up again to lamp him one before fleeing back down my lift like a perverse twist on whack a mole). I managed to get up to roof, one shot the gargoyles (thanks to help from a summon, wasn't 100% what that did when I did it, but it helped) and accidentallyed my way into the tail axe while I was doing so. Feeling pretty proud of myself, I went down to lower undead burg where I was promptly mugged by some gutter children. Feel like I'm getting somewhere though! 

Bizarrely we seem to be doing the same things at the same time. I also recently started Dark Souls a few days ago as a total first timer to the series and we seem to have had remarkably similar experiences - down to cheesing the Gargoyles by summoning Solaire. I'm slightly further ahead in The Depths and have just got past the butcher enemies. Overall, I'm enjoying the game so far - the atmosphere above all else - but I find the combat frustrating a lot of the time with its clunkiness and haphazard camera that's screwed me good few times. Definitely was a good feeling to get back to the Undead Burgh after picking up the Drake Sword and schooling the minions, as opposed to a couple of days ago where I was painstakingly creeping through.

Started this the other night and went with an Astrologer class. (which is cheating, is too easy etc. according to Soulsborne snobs)

Spent a bit of time running past everything to get to Caelid and acquire the Meteorite Staff as its an S rank and scales with your intelligence stat. There is also a good spell to be found nearby. Once I had that, I grinded quite a bit to try maximise the volume and power of my spells. With that done I went to Stormveil castle and fairly easily beat Margit The Fell Omen, The Grafted Scion and Godrick The Grafted.

Really, really enjoying this so far.

What is it with FromSoft and Wales? There's so many Welsh names and accents through the years, I love it.

Also, so much love for Roderika and her accent. It's Brummie actress Helen Monks who was one of the sisters in Raised by Wolves.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Finally at a point where I'm absolutely stuck. There's one more obvious place to go mucking around in but otherwise I'm absolutely scuppered. Feel like I've been everywhere and done almost everything I can but no idea where I'll find the next progression.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot about

Spoiler

the entire underground stuff I found early on and got battered in. I should go back there.

Edited by Jesse
Am dumb

Man the exploration in Elden Ring is a real distraction. I can upgrade my weapons and buy armour, use specials, summons and have a few good weapons but I can’t kill anyone for shit because every time I get a hard mini boss I leg it to somewhere else and do suicide runs for loot. Think I’ve finally settled on a play style though, gonna go full tank and swing away at the feet of my enemies!

• Awards Moderator

I was all jolly co-op last night. Spent the evening putting down my summon, must've helped kill Margit 8 times. Great to go back and help out. Good way to farm runes and Great Runes too. 

Had a good 10 hrs on it now. Just done loads of exploring dashing around grabbing loot and grinding up to level 23. Went back to the Tree Sentinel and me and my three good boys fucked him up good. Did a few other mini bosses and cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Had my first go at Margit and was kicking his arse until he went nuts at just below half health, killed my doggies and trapped me against the fog gate. 

Weilding a long great sword +2 and a Zweihander in between turtling up and fat rolling away. Feels good to be building a chunky brawler again. Think I’ll save up and go get some armour as it seems to be impossible to find any decent sets.

Put an embarrassing amount of time into Elden Ring over the weekend. Currently 24 hours in and my character is Level 53. Almost all of my runes have been spent on intelligence as I have a sword and a staff that both scale with that stat and some pretty sweet long range spells.

Even with all that, I found the fight with the Red Wolf of Radagon (in the Lakes dungeon) to be an UTTER BASTARD. Its been the only time in the whole game where I was just walking into a room, getting instantly fucked up and questioning what the fuck I am even doing. Had to go online and call in some back up for that one. Was very amused afterwards to find out that it wasnt even the boss of the area.

First time I have ever played any Souls game online and I was having such a laugh with it. Ended up being summoned into other games for hours.

I think I'm level 96 or something now but only just now have enough Intelligence to run with the best staff in the game (a boss hat added some points), a few more levels and I'll be busting out moon magic which is enhanced by it.

I could probably play with just my rapier tbh, it does decent damage just from using magic ashes of war. I love how you can basically infuse any weapon on the fly so if I wanted I could easily try others.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I think I'm level 96 or something now but only just now have enough Intelligence to run with the best staff in the game (a boss hat added some points), a few more levels and I'll be busting out moon magic which is enhanced by it.

I could probably play with just my rapier tbh, it does decent damage just from using magic ashes of war. I love how you can basically infuse any weapon on the fly so if I wanted I could easily try others.

I was absolutely baffled by your level there until I remembered I started playing this game a week after it came out. 

Can anyone see themselves doing multiple runs through this game? Its obviously not as concise as Demon's Souls for example but I quite fancy trying out different builds at some point.