From Software Games

Onyx2

Yeah, I think I definitely want to try a different play style out but as usual I’ll probably get burnt out by the end and move on to the back log. 

Can we all just take a moment and appreciate the Stakes of Marika and incredibly generous supply of bonfires in this game. Not having a 2-3 minute run every time you want to get your arse kicked by a boss is wonderful.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Can anyone see themselves doing multiple runs through this game? Its obviously not as concise as Demon's Souls for example but I quite fancy trying out different builds at some point.

I already have a second character on the go. Heavy magic build.

Put it on for a quick go before settling the kids and smashed Margit fairly easily. Funny how that always happens with From games. Not sure I’m ready to leave Limgrave to be honest, I could happily play an entire game just in that location. Plus I’ve got my little notepad of side missions to get on with.

Only 15 or so hours played but I think it’s gonna be kicking God of War out of my top 3.

• Paid Members

Had a go of this last night round a mate's house and really enjoyed it in the same way I do all Souls games until a few hours in where I get overwhelmed and leave it.

The open world looks gorgeous and gave us a lot of freedom to go elsewhere when every boss we encountered fucked us up. Tree Sentinel being put right in the opening is brutal but taught us we could leave.
We found a purple circle in the ground surrounded by stone worms that lead us to another boss which also destroyed us. We killed the worms around it hoping it would do something to weaken the boss and

Spoiler

it didn't.

We snuck past a giant on the way to a castle which had an even bigger giant with a bow. 

It's such a strange game in that you want to explore to see what you can find but you always panic when you find it. 

Over 80 hours in and finding out that I've missed entire character quests, any other modern game and it'd annoy me but From have mastered that feeling of being esoteric like an early 90's Gold Box game and weaving it in to a current AAA release.

I think I'm going to play a bunch of King's Field before doing my Guts run, they're a complete love letter to those old Western RPG's and I wonder if they could ever make a new title.

Isn’t the big rumour that they’re doing another Armored Core game next?

With regards to the bow wielding giant 

Spoiler

I killed him, he drops his bow gives you a good few runes but doesn’t respawn at all. Dies really easy too. Made me sad.

Think I might pop over to that Bloodborney place just past the crystal caves later for an explore, I was too weak and scared to have a proper look around last time and raced through to the nearest bonfire.

• Paid Members

Beat the final boss last night at 67 hours played. I considered sticking around to do some optional bosses but I think I'm gonna keep that as a reason to go back and play a different character in a subsequent playthrough. Absolutely blinding game though, I play a lot of games but it's been years since I got so into something I stopped doing any of my other hobbies and put in 67 hours outside of work into a single game so quickly. Definitely my favourite of the FromSoft games right now.