AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Cheers FITE TV for spoiling the results of the Semi Finals by putting next weeks show ahead of this weeks 👍🏻

Yeah that irritated the fuck out of me too. Right there straight in front of you, the poster for next week, Moxley Vs Danielson. This might be fine normally, if the match wasn't the result of a tournament that you've came onto the app to be able to watch. 

• Paid Members

Stokely Hathaway in general has been really shit since he came to AEW. The Cargill/Mark Sterling pairing was much more fun and his business card gimmick was stale as soon as it started.

He's one of those guys who is so obviously playing a character, there's nothing real or organic about his act at all. Like he just read a book on how to be a sly manager and is following it beat for beat.

9 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Stokely Hathaway in general has been really shit since he came to AEW. The Cargill/Mark Sterling pairing was much more fun and his business card gimmick was stale as soon as it started.

He's one of those guys who is so obviously playing a character, there's nothing real or organic about his act at all. Like he just read a book on how to be a sly manager and is following it beat for beat.

He’s mistaken talking a lot meaning more than saying something short and of value. He’s a Bray Wyatt 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

He’s mistaken talking a lot meaning more than saying something short and of value. He’s a Bray Wyatt 

This is - at face value - a strange comparison, but it’s bang on the money. 

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

When it appeared as though the business card gimmick was a build towards Stokely assembling a stable for MJF, I was a convert. It seemed like the kind of smart, well-paced story that AEW was once so good at. Of course self-centred pricks like the Gunn Club would turn on their own dad to join forces with MJF; and the W. Morrisey return made a tonne of sense in that context, he and MJF had a pre-existing relationship

…but then they either changed plan, or this was never the plan. The Firm, as it stands, is a terrible idea and concept. 

I agree as far as Cargill goes too, although so many people had been calling for the Stokely/Jade pairing that I can give them a pass for that one. It didn’t work, and they moved on from it. Fair play for recognising that, at least.

Honestly if the guys in masks turned out to be all the former goons that MJF had hired previously, it would have worked so much better. Morrissey, Damo, Nick Gage, Juvi, Angelico, Butcher and Blade. Do the job to get the chip and then pay them off.

The Firm is an overcomplicated mess. Should have been a simple idea of a new heel faction under MJF's thumb. Instead there's this faction on retainer pish. Just about everyone one of them would be better off if Stokely never handed them a card.

• Paid Members

Has Stokely ever been any good outside of being relatively funny on Twitter? He was crap with Veer Mahaan and his partner in NXT, then the Diamond Mine was crap. He didn't do anything for Jade that Sterling wasn't doing better and now this. 

I was genuinely happy for him when he arrived in AEW as he is funny outside of wrestling, but then hes just pretty much played things straight up and hasn't got too much appeal. Outside of Statlander slapping him on the head as she ran to the ring, that was funny.