AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

37 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I can't pretend this isn't clouding my opinion somewhat. I don't feel particularly good after watching Dynamite, in the way that I used to. FTR come out, I think "do they hate being there?"; MJF comes out, I think "does he want to leave?"; Sammy is on screen, I wonder what the heck his problem is. 

I miss the days when the emotion you felt about AEW came from Eddie Kingston's blistering promos; the company doing amazing things for -1; MJF cutting emotional promos about the abuse he suffered in early life, adding depth to the heel he became...the company is so toxic right now, I don't know if it's even possible to return to that perception. 

And Tony Khan seems like an absolute tool, unwilling to listen to legitimate criticism, and boasting about how much money he has. Why would anyone want to support someone who behaves like that?

It is a shame but it was only a matter of time. It's wrestling. Everything turns into some dirty scumbag shit eventually. I reckon we've had the best of the nice wholesome AEW with very little distractions and now we need to settle for the new era which is more in line with the industry as a whole.

34 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

And Tony Khan seems like an absolute tool, unwilling to listen to legitimate criticism, and boasting about how much money he has. Why would anyone want to support someone who behaves like that?

It’s wrestling fans. They didn’t mind Vince and his actions as long as they liked what was on tv. Case and point…

39 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

And I wonder what common ground Darby Allin found to want to shake Jay Lethal's hand? What a mystery

• Paid Members

The depth of talent on this roster. Ricky Starks, Eddie Kingston, Danhausen, Miro, HOOK, Brody King, Dante Martin, Ethan Page, Orange Cassidy, Powerhouse Hobbs, Butcher, Blade, Samoa Joe, Bandido. And yet this is what we get on Rampage.

59B6CDA7-E4DD-4804-93E9-B4314A8EA122.jpeg.dd5a67e5d76d3d37335176038d952e5b.jpeg

The most, “oh, fuck off,” graphic I’ve ever seen. You couldn’t come up with a better match to tank the ratings. Winners and losers leave town. Please.

Edited by Supremo

Short entrance ramp, crowd mostly in darkness - not a great look for your big Anniversary show.

So is Sammy going to face any sort of action for his role in this stuff with Andrade? Or does he just get away with it because he’s Jericho’s boy and TK isn’t going risk pissing him off. 
If you’re getting a worse reaction than the two abusers that come out immediately after your promo then you’re one hell of a dick.

They need to stop giving Excalibur a script the length of War & Peace to read. Apparently FTR are taking on The Gates of Agassi at Battle of the Belts IV. Surely that should’ve happened at Grand Slam

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Supremo said:

Chances of next Monday's DX reunion being hijacked by, "scissor me Daddy!" chants? They've got to be expecting it, surely?

Meltzer said even before this show that they apparently have a plan for it, which likely means Triple H has a smug comeback ready to go that he's going to pretend was off-the-cuff. 

I think it's also worth mentioning that it was a weird choice of venue for their 3-year anniversary show. It's a huge milestone, and the small crowd did not create the feeling of a company that has come along way in that time which, in spite of its current failings, it absolutely has. 

32 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Meltzer said even before this show that they apparently have a plan for it, which likely means Triple H has a smug comeback ready to go that he's going to pretend was off-the-cuff. 

whatever happens then expect tony to have a meltdown on twitter that night

Best thing DX can do is do a big scissor and let the crowd have its moment and move on. Then you get the jibe from Hunter about seeing all 3 of them soon 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

The depth of talent on this roster. Ricky Starks, Eddie Kingston, Danhausen, Miro, HOOK, Brody King, Dante Martin, Ethan Page, Orange Cassidy, Powerhouse Hobbs, Butcher, Blade, Samoa Joe, Bandido. And yet this is what we get on Rampage.

59B6CDA7-E4DD-4804-93E9-B4314A8EA122.jpeg.dd5a67e5d76d3d37335176038d952e5b.jpeg

The most, “oh, fuck off,” graphic I’ve ever seen. You couldn’t come up with a better match to tank the ratings. Winners and losers leave town. Please.

This shit in AEW constantly infuriates me. Especially when you look at the Dark tapings and they have a bunch of guys you actually want go see in pointless squash matches instead of facing each other in matches that actually matter. No good to come out of that fucking shitty match.

3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

This shit in AEW constantly infuriates me. Especially when you look at the Dark tapings and they have a bunch of guys you actually want go see in pointless squash matches instead of facing each other in matches that actually matter. No good to come out of that fucking shitty match.

Even worse they have all that, and then they have PAC wrestling twice Friday night 

40 minutes ago, buba3d said:

whatever happens then expect tony to have a meltdown on twitter that night

"Can't believe that other company can't exist without digs at us. ANYWAY IT'S AEW DYNAMITE ON WEDNESDAY AND WE'LL HAVE MORE ARGUMENTS, LESS WOMEN AND I'LL BE DOING COKE OUT THE BACK."

4 hours ago, Nick James said:

Tony Khan can't be blamed for absolutely everything, it doesn't seem fair, when he promoted people to executive roles not that long ago to sort shit like this out, but he should be asking questions of those who SHOULD be in charge of it all. 

He absolutely can, and should, be blamed for it. He created this environment. He positioned wholly unqualified people with massive conflicts of interest into positions of EVP's and by all accounts lets the inmates run the asylum.

Tony wants to be everybody's friend (see: dressing up as Orange Cassidy, going to Sammy and Tay's wedding) and that is not possible if you want to be taken seriously as a boss. Subsequently, he is not taken seriously as a boss.

Sure, his talent say nice things about him (I would too if he was paying me that much) but it's been evident for a while that Tony, while well meaning, is just another fanboy money mark who is out of his depth. 

Nobody should be surprised. He has no background in running a successful business or booking a wrestling show. If he really wanted AEW to prosper he would be hands off and appoint people who know what they are doing into key roles. Sadly, its clear that this is his new play thing and he thinks he is doing a fantastic job.

#Wrestling