AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Will this make any difference?

No. Who wants to watch wrestling in standard definition almost 48 hours late? Not to go all 2019 about it, but ITV promised the works, and couldn’t get the shows on when they had promised (remember ITV Hub was supposed to air them first) and they closed their PPV service down after a single AEW PPV was shown. Show it live with a repeat on Saturday afternoons after Movies, Games and Videos and before The Munsters Today. Fucking cowards.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Will this make any difference?

A little.

It can have good and bad weeks. The only public chart i'm aware of these days is on Thinkbox. Only updated weekly with no archive.

https://www.thinkbox.tv/research/barb-data/top-programmes-report/?tag=ITV4

Dynamite aired at 9pm and got 135k in total. It's high in viewership has been something like 199k and hasn't broken 200k yet.

Rampage failed to chart. Which meant it had less than 56k and has sometimes had 100+k every so often.

Edited by Infinity Land

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

No. Who wants to watch wrestling in standard definition almost 48 hours late? Not to go all 2019 about it, but ITV promised the works, and couldn’t get the shows on when they had promised (remember ITV Hub was supposed to air them first) and they closed their PPV service down after a single AEW PPV was shown. Show it live with a repeat on Saturday afternoons after Movies, Games and Videos and before The Munsters Today. Fucking cowards.

ITV4 has a HD channel. Friday night at 9pm is a poor time slot though, you can’t be going up against Gogglebox. Then 11pm is just too damn late.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, Supremo said:

Best case scenario? Kota Ibushi. Worst case? Adam Cole.

The way he pimps it in that video, anything less than Stone Cold or The Rock turning up will be a disappointment.

Everyone shat on TNA for years for their "industry shaking" reveals of Kip James and VKM or whatever, but Khan is possibly worse.  

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

ITV4 has a HD channel. Friday night at 9pm is a poor time slot though, you can’t be going up against Gogglebox. Then 11pm is just too damn late.

Not everywhere. I think Sky and Virgin have it, Freeview based platforms don’t though.

• Paid Members

Is it me or did the arena not look as good as it did last year? I recall it looking a lot more closed in and lit brighter last year, this time it felt like all the other arenas. Although, the entrance ramp was trippy, it looked great.

I'm not sure about the Saraya signing, if she's good to go, then fantastic, but AEW isn't known for people not landing on their necks. Keep her away from Tay and Sammy. I've seen a few people online saying this is the shot in the arm the women's division needs, but at this point, it feels like that's said everytime there's a new female signed. Athena and Toni Storm was the same.

Genuinely heartwarming to see The Acclaimed finally do it and the reaction was insane. Great stuff. 

Not seen the main event yet, will watch later on today when I've got time to fully watch it without a toddler running around my feet.

EDIT: Just gone back and watched a bit of Grand Slam 2021 and I must be completely misremembering what the arena looked like as I thought it was lit quite bright, but evidently not. Not sure which event I'm thinking of in that case.

Edited by Nick James

19 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I'm not sure about the Saraya signing, if she's good to go, then fantastic, but AEW isn't known for people not landing on their necks. Keep her away from Tay and Sammy. I've seen a few people online saying this is the shot in the arm the women's division needs, but at this point, it feels like that's said everytime there's a new female signed. Athena and Toni Storm was the same.

And Ruby Soho etc etc. They're very good at signing people but it never really changes. There's a hell of a lot of knowledge and experience there now. They really just need to focus and capitalise on it somehow.

MJF and Wheeler Yuta segment reminded of the first time I had seen either of them.

MLW One Shot. To think that was 5 years ago.

______

Very happy for Mox. If it's just a short reign until Full Gear it will be a lot of fun. Then he can enjoy the holidays with some hard earned time off.

Saraya. Expectations are low. CM Punk, Christian, Big Show. Those coming in after a long time out haven't exactly gone brilliantly. Sting is the exception to the rule at this point. She has been known as a someone that can talk. So she might actually get some promo time to change up the women's division from that perspective.

Edited by Infinity Land

I’m kinda torn on the acclaimed win. While they are never likely to be THE team in the division and you want to strike while the iron is hot, they could have done with a big win over another team to build their credibility before taking the belts. Say they had beaten Penta and fenix last week instead of it being the champs that did that, surely that makes more sense that getting a rematch just cause the crowd liked them in defeat?

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Loki said:

Everyone shat on TNA for years for their "industry shaking" reveals of Kip James and VKM or whatever, but Khan is possibly worse.  

Nah, not having that. Khan's "big surprises" are usually limited to things he says in interviews and on Twitter, TNA was heavily promoting those surprises on TV, and were often wildly misleading with it too. Nothing Tony Khan has said has come close to promising a "former World Champion" and delivering Al Snow.