AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Where do they fit in with a roster that's already bursting? I don't mind DDT but it seems way below what AEW should be pushing right now.

A regular spot on Rampage or Dark was my first thought. Tony and AEW gave a lot of indie folks some extended paydays during the pandemic, something that was much needed and they should be commended for, but with a lot of those indie promotions being able to run again (or in the process of being able to run again) it’s time for those folks to move on.

As @Weezenal mentioned, ROH also gives them another option

50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Where do they fit in with a roster that's already bursting? I don't mind DDT but it seems way below what AEW should be pushing right now.

No different than when some of the NJPW or Joshi people have come in. They'd either get a couple of TV matches depending on their status. If these are meant as excursions I could see them just turning up on Dark/Elevation for the most part.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Didn't they bring someone in from DDT once and just use him on Dark? 

Forget who.

Jokes and comedy wrestling aside DDT does have some good wrestlers but as you say AEW doesn't really have any room for them or tbh I don't think they even need them.

At least I could see the logic in using some of the TJPW crew to try and give the AEW woman's division a boost and they mostly have a bit more character than generic Joshi wrestler number 175.

• Paid Members

I couldn’t name you a single DDT wrestler but that amazing GIF from a DDT show held at a swimming pool, with someone going down the slide in a Figure Four Leg Lock? It’s practically the screensaver in my brain how often I think about it. Anyone bringing in that sense of fun is more than welcome. Get Danhausen down the leisure centre!

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

I couldn’t name you a single DDT wrestler but that amazing GIF from a DDT show held at a swimming pool, with someone going down the slide in a Figure Four Leg Lock? It’s practically the screensaver in my brain how often I think about it. Anyone bringing in that sense of fun is more than welcome. Get Danhausen down the leisure centre!

For everyone that hasn’t seen it.  Chris selling the realisation that he’s about to go down the water slide is immense.

With Hikaru Shida wrestling for TJPW this weekend I’m hoping they bring over Miyu Yamashita, she’s the best wrestler in TJPW by a country mile and easily has the best and most believable kicks in wrestling. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Tell ya what AEW could do with a big old bloated extended roster - rip off the NCAA basketball March Madness tournament.

68 man seeded field (couple of "play in" matches to get to 64, those exclusively for indy guys making their AEW debut), first few rounds either on Dark/Elevation or uploaded to YouTube/FITE as individual matches in quick succession, the (All) Elite Eight over a week of Dynamite/Rampage, the Final Four on the following Dynamite then the final on PPV.

Could set up a title shot for the winner but why not just a good old (kayfabe) massive cash prize, it's professional wrestling after all.

Someone like Fuego making a Cinderella run to the Elite Eight could be a lot of fun.

Edited by Statto
Pressed send too quick.