AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

That Battle Royale was a bit oddly paced in the middle. It seemed to be building to a close only to end up going another 7 or 8 minutes. 
4 refs out there and you’ve still got Remsburg throwing his up going legs happen’?” after Hardwood’s elimination.

“Bullying is a serious, serious matter”, says the company that has Jay Lethal & Darby Allin on its books.

Penta’s new (if it is new, I didn’t see much of him pre-AEW) entrance - 10 on 10 on 10 on 10 on 10, fantastic stuff. Shame the crowd were pretty dead for the actual match.

Buddy Matthews - I hope Omega isn’t due back soon

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Tony's big announcement was that he has a really big announcement but can't tell anyone what it is yet?

After that episode, THAT EPISODE, that was your takeaway?

The opener was the worst of TNA. Too many teams, spots being missed by the camera. Once they got down to the last few teams though, I enjoyed it and even wondered if John Silver could do it.

MJF’s promo though. Holy shit. Completely blindsided. I kept waiting for the turn or the punchline, but it never came. The single tear on his cheek when Punk came down as well. That’s a promo. That’s how you sell a PPV.

Penta’s new (new to me gimmick) and new PPV entrance with Alex as a ghoul was great. Some great spots and overall enjoyable match. Until the post match which went far too long. But like Buddy Matthews so a HoB v DT will be wonderful.

Eddie made Jericho look a right tit. And calling Eddie a street thug during Black History Month. Yikes. But I think Jericho was actually scared of Kingston and it messed up his script. Kingston calling for a women’s match instead of their promo time is top face work.

Good to see Colt found his body again. Shame 10 didn’t win, but good to see Starks in the ladder match and liked his backstage bit with Keith Lee.

Jade continues to improve. Good match but not sure about her and Tay.

Danielson vs Garcia lived up to the high bar. Both so good.

What an episode!

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah he’s half Puerto Rican. You know how the term street thug is used in America?

No I don’t. A street thug is someone who’s a violent person though. Which Eddie has always been as a wrestler. He was calling Eddie that in a promo and that was probably his point of using that line. I know Jericho is a bit of a dick, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t say it to offend people. It was just a jab at Eddie and his character. Don’t overthink everything. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah he’s half Puerto Rican. You know how the term street thug is used in America?

What the fuck are you going on about? Eddie dresses like a thug, talks about life on the streets constantly, is half Irish/half Puerto Rican....what has Black History Month got to do with it?

Anyways, I thought that was an absolutely cracking show. Loved the opening battle royale and felt that pretty much everyone got a chance to shine, especially John Silver who is just fantastic. Hangman's appearance afterwards fighting off Redragon and Cole was pure babyface fire.

That MJF promo that twisted what this feud is really about was just tremendous stuff on a level we don't see often in wrestling. Punk sold it perfectly. Can't wait to see where this goes. My guess is Punk will offer his hand to MJF and MJF will leave him in a pool of blood.

Pac/Penta/Black/King match was a bit of a mess but I enjoyed the theatrics of it all. Not really much chemistry between these teams. They all look cool though.

That 6 man they've announced for Revolution is ridiculous. Surely no way that's happening right? Proper Rampage level match. Everything at the moment seems to be building to Matt Hardy getting kicked out the AHFO as his crew all seem to be getting pissed off with him.

Good showing by Starks tonight. Really pleased him and Hobbs are finally getting decent TV time. Love them both.

I mentioned a little while ago that I felt that AEW needed to do better at telling stories throughout episodes of Dynamite rather than in weekly chunks. They did that really well last night with the Bucks/Redragon/Cole and Danielson/2.0 & Garcia/Mox stuff being peppered out throughout the evening.

Jericho/Kingston segment was great. I don't think Kingston blew Jericho out the water. On the contrary I think Jericho was great. He put across his character, history and view perfectly while balancing the line between face/heel perfectly. Nothing he said was wrong, but you can still boo him for it. The tone of this matched the story just right, an experience sports entertainment legend against a tough, emotional underground wrestler underdog. I'm sold.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What the fuck are you going on about? Eddie dresses like a thug, talks about life on the streets constantly, is half Irish/half Puerto Rican....what has Black History Month got to do with it?

The term Street Thug has been used as a slur against black people in America for years. Mainly adopted of late by MAGA idiots. People against BLM referred to people at BLM protests as Street Thugs. It’s basically become the go to term for people who like to use the N word without saying it. Look at Eddie’s reaction to it. It doesn’t have the same meaning here really, but it’s a very provocative word in the US. 

1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

They’re going to have to work HARD to turn the MJF promo round to where he’s the heel again, because that excellent promo had a weird consequence… I’m really rooting for MJF.

Even Schiavone was rooting for him.

They can go a few ways with this:

1. He's basically talking shit that he said to get Punk to let his guard down. I can see him leaving Punk in a pool of blood next week.

2. They sow the seeds of a switch. Punk is on some mad Bret Hart vibe at the moment so wouldn't be shocked if they do a sort of Austin/Bret Mania type switch.

Anyway fair play to all involved, this feud has elevated MJF to a lot more than Internet edgelord. He's an actual character

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The term Street Thug has been used as a slur against black people in America for years. Mainly adopted of late by MAGA idiots. People against BLM referred to people at BLM protests as Street Thugs. It’s basically become the go to term for people who like to use the N word without saying it. Look at Eddie’s reaction to it. It doesn’t have the same meaning here really, but it’s a very provocative word in the US. 

I don't really agree with this but can kind of see what you're getting at. But your argument here doesn't really work because Kingston's character is that he IS a thug. He literally stole the Young Buck's shoes.  And also Eddie isn't black. This isn't Triple H saying "people like you" to Booker T.