AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Really enjoyed the ladder except the spot where the ref moved the ladder, it was so dumb, why would he do it? The commentators tried to cover saying it was for safety, which again, is so dumb. Regardless, it was the best ladder match i have seen in ages.

And as I'm on my high horse-is the 'lights out' concept starting to become over used in aew?

One week I'll learn not to read Twitter.

Jeez.

The "well where are all the Cody critics now?" bollocks is still going on. Completely and utterly missing the point.

It's never been (well, mostly) about him being shit and not being deserving of a spot or whatever else. It's the fact that he is capable of doing some damn good shit but lately he's been all over the place.

And yeah, I really enjoyed his match this week but does that change the bigger picture? Only time will tell on that.

• Paid Members
Just now, Chili said:

I loved that Danhausen debut. Wasn't even interference, he was just hiding under the ring. Got caught, did his curse pose and then sauntered off hoping he wasn't noticed. Lovely stuff. 

Someone on twitter made the valid point that if this was his only appearance in AEW, and it was never explained or referred to by anyone, it would have been one of the greatest things ever.

• Paid Members

Daniel Garcia is so good. He was in a 4 way elimination at the Terminus show and eliminated all 3 of the other participants. He's a great wrestler with a bright future. 

I don't remember a referee having to hold a ladder during a ladder match like he did for that superplex spot. Cody's problems would be solved if he stopped trying to be all clever and meta and he just said "I'm here to win matches and promote my TV shows, and frankly am not arsed whether you want to boo me or cheer me." and wrestle his cod-tweener style rather than trying to be all clever. 

Red Velvet's moved out of "your mama's kitchen" then? 

I hate Sammy's Bob Dylan shtick. It just feels like a waste of a picture in picture segment. 

Britt Baker referring to herself as the first "female" rather than the first woman or lady stank of "somebody wrote this promo for me". This was as bad as Cody's promo last week. 

That pop for Danhausen was very nice, very evil. I wonder what Tony Elite has in mind for him going forward. Even if it's just him turning up places like Orange Cassidy used to do in the early days. 

At some point for some reason, Danhausen will interact with Sting, and that, in whatever minor way, would be worth it. Sting is great will being all hard as fuck weekend dad and leaning into a bit of silly. 

Speaking of leaning into things, AEW shooting a promo in the freezing cold snow was nice little playalong with the surrealism of Beach Break as the shows name. Also Ricky Starks dressed like a magnificent prick and Tony freezing cold. 

Had to rewatch that Sammy Guevara springboard ladder cutter a few times. Its absolutely nuts. 

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I want Danhausen to think that Sting is the singer with facepaint on, constantly singing 'Roxanne' at him and asking questions about concerts.

For the sheer sake of fantasy booking for a silly laugh, Danhausen occasionally interacting with Sting (wrestler) being Sting (singer), but Sting (wrestler) just leans into pretending he is Sting (singer) to Danhausen as he knows trying to correct him would only lead to a Rodney/Trigger never ending loop would be absolutely fine too.