AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

All of the above is absolutely right. It's like someone coming into money and going to buy Man Utd based on how much they loved them as a kid. Although at least they were hugely successful at one time. The best ROH has done is built up people to be successful elsewhere and then disappear up NJPW's arse for far too long.

It’s buying a Barnsley shirt and trying to tell your mates they play the best football anyone ever has 

• Awards Moderator

Had a dream last night and in part of it, Stokely Hathaway had got a high level job at my work. He said some really hurtful things to me and I woke up with a nasty worried feeling which meant I couldn’t get back to sleep.

I was looking forward to Ethan Page vs Danhausen on Rampage this week but Stokely accompanied Page to the ring and I found I couldn’t bear to look at the screen after what he said in my dream. Ruined the whole match!

There's been far too much happening for too long for me. I used to watch regularly, but don't now.

Interim belts, ROH belts, AAA belts, IWGP belts, Trios belts, All-Atlantic belt, TBS belt on TNT, TNT belt on TBS, loads of tournaments...

I just find it so noisy and can't help but think they'd be better off choosing 20 or 30 characters and focusing on those each week, without all the extra stuff.

Then you can do a Ring of Honor as a completely different promotion, if you so wish.

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I'm gonna guess that the AAA World tag team championships, the IWGP tag team championships or the ROH World tag team championships won't be on the line?

Do FTR even wrestle in tag team matches anymore?

Last 2v2 was on the indies in August. Before that it was Death Before Dishonor against the Briscoes in July.

They haven't had the busiest of schedules since DBD and Dax has worked a few singles with the 6 mans. Claudio, Jay Lethal, and Rocky Romero on NJ Strong. Which is maybe quite telling since before that the two of them were taking plenty of 2v2 on the indies.

• Awards Moderator

I enjoyed that show more than Dynamite this week. The Muta moment in the opener was great, Hook’s match and Joe/Wardlow were fun, short, feel good matches, Fenix/JBJP was great and felt fresh in a way because it was two AEW originals. Jade Cargill continues to be a star, Hangman/Moxley is now set up, and the main event gave Starks and Hobbs the time they would probably never have got on PPV. Good show, though I hope Julia Hart’s okay because that looked nasty.