Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Don't hate Ngannou/Lins. There's not much scope out there for an intriguing unsigned heavyweight to step in. I'm just glad Francis is getting back in there.

Edited by Egg Shen
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Helwani’s saying now that the UFC were talking to Jones about fighting on the White House card (presumably vs Pereira), despite Dana saying he was never in consideration. Helwani reckons Jones wanted the same money they offered him last year ($30 million) and the UFC offered the same as they paid Conor Benn ($15 million). Neither side would budge and negotiations broke down.

Fucking hilarious to me that Jones had the actual nerve to go back and ask if that offer was still on the table. What the fuck? 🤣 After how badly and how long he fucked everyone around with the whole Aspinall saga, he dodged Aspinall then had the cheek to demand that same figure for what is, on paper, an easier fight stylistically against Pereira. The fucking audacity of it! All I can think is he thought they were desperate to get a big name on there. But Dana was vocal for months that he didn’t want Jones on the card. The fact they were still gonna pay him $15M is mad really, then he goes “no, how about that 30 you were offering last year?” Christ. Yeah Jon, they were offering that for the Aspinall fight. Not a fight against a former Middleweight who’s come up through 205 to Heavyweight and has no grappling background. Nice try though dickhead. 

Edited by wandshogun09
Posted (edited)

Lins's name rang a bell, so I had a look at his fight record. Sure enough he fought Nemkov in Bellator in 2017 at 205lbs, which was also Nemkov's Bellator debut. Lins got absolutely smoked inside 1 round from what I recall. Lins was released by the UFC a few years ago while on a 4 fight winning streak, also at 205lbs against pretty middling opponents. I doubt he will give Ngannou any bother. 

Regarding Jones and McGrgeor. I can't stand either as people, but there is a small difference between them. With McGregor I just don't care about his fighting career any longer, and haven't done since the Poirier bouts. McGregor is completely irrelevant to the top-end of the divisions he's in, and nothing else he would be involved in interests me in the slightest. I wasn't fussed on him fighting Chandler, neither him boxing Pacquiao. I really don't care if Chandler has his day in the sun or not, neither do I really care to see Pacquiao beat him up.  I just wish he'd fuck off to be blunt. 

With Jones, however, I would be excited to see him fight Aspinall or Pereira. I consider both to be interesting bouts. Does Jones still have a granite chin? Could Aspinall thrive past the 10 minute mark? Could Pereira stop Jones's attempts to grapple. And so on. 

 

Edited by jimufctna24
  • Paid Members
Posted

Fuck, I forgot Lins was at 205. Just assumed his UFC run was at Heavyweight. I already saw it as a squash match as it was. From looking at his record, he has fought six times at Heavyweight, went 4-2 and lost to old Arlovski on points and chinned in a round by Tanner Boser.

As for the Jones/McGregor stuff, I’ve mostly lost interest in both of them at this point. McGregor completely. He can fuck all the way off. But the bit of interest I had in Jones mostly evaporated as well once it became clear that his Heavyweight ‘run’ wasn’t gonna be in any way meaningful and he had no intention of taking on the tough fights. On top of that, you just can’t rely on him. And then recently he was caught on camera talking about having severe arthritis in his hips or something. It’s over. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Well, he didn't his White House fight so I guess this is the next best thing 😄

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Come on, they're just trolling Cuntington, getting his hopes up he'll get to fight in front of his lord and master, with a fight that has as much chance of happening as John Fury mediating a peace settlement in the Middle East.

Posted
1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Come on, they're just trolling Cuntington, getting his hopes up he'll get to fight in front of his lord and master, with a fight that has as much chance of happening as John Fury mediating a peace settlement in the Middle East.

There is actually more chance of John Fury mediating a peace settlement in the Middle East than him actually fighting someone properly. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bo Nickal is saying he was meant to fight Covington on the White House card and Covington didn’t want it. Not the biggest fan of Bo myself but I believe him. Colby’s never shown any willingness to face anyone decent unless he can get an underserved title shot out of it. And he definitely never seems interested in fighting opponents who are under 35 years old. Fucking clown. All the Trump rimming he’s done over the years, all the banging on about the White House, all for nothing because he’s scared of catching a beating. Bum. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

All the Trump rimming he’s done over the years, all the banging on about the White House, all for nothing because he’s scared of catching a beating. Bum. 

Well, he's simply doing like his Sith master: runs his mouth and pisses people off, all in the knowledge it's just to get attention, and that he'll most likely not have to answer for it.

Posted

Watched the press conference for MVP last night and it was fucking awesome literally a presser that was exciting and controversial throughout.

Ronda went full shoot interview and buried the UFC and Dana she gave no fucks 

And the best part Jake Paul disrespecting Francis and saying he wants the fight with him also I made it to the 7th round with AJ you made the 2nd and Francis's face and tone with his response was you just fucked up kid absolutely terrifying seriously Jake cannot take that fight he survived with AJ and only got a broken jaw he will be a vegetable fighting Francis do not be so stupid..... but also do it because Jesus it will be amazing.

 

Only slight disappointment I expected couple more fights announced on it but in fairness they announced Francis Vs lins on Sunday night which is such a monumental main and co main Jake has beaten the whitehouse card already IMO 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Watched the press conference for MVP last night and it was fucking awesome literally a presser that was exciting and controversial throughout.

Ronda went full shoot interview and buried the UFC and Dana she gave no fucks 

And the best part Jake Paul disrespecting Francis and saying he wants the fight with him also I made it to the 7th round with AJ you made the 2nd and Francis's face and tone with his response was you just fucked up kid absolutely terrifying seriously Jake cannot take that fight he survived with AJ and only got a broken jaw he will be a vegetable fighting Francis do not be so stupid..... but also do it because Jesus it will be amazing.

 

Only slight disappointment I expected couple more fights announced on it but in fairness they announced Francis Vs lins on Sunday night which is such a monumental main and co main Jake has beaten the whitehouse card already IMO 

I couldn't find MVP's statements, but holy hell - Rousey didn't hold back, eh? Just a shame she's doing it now, long after her time at the summit when she could have made the biggest difference.

Seems Paul is willing to take a lot of damage for that money. I won't pay to see it, because even when he loses, he wins really with all the money he makes from the event, but I hope Big Fran makes the following several months of his life very liquid.

  • Paid Members
Posted
51 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I couldn't find MVP's statements, but holy hell - Rousey didn't hold back, eh? Just a shame she's doing it now, long after her time at the summit when she could have made the biggest difference.

Exactly this. And her criticising the UFC doesn’t really hold any weight when she’s also said recently that she talked to Dana about doing this Carano fight in the UFC originally and Dana didn’t go for it. So she didn’t have a problem with the UFC’s current practices then, what changed? Just smacks of her sulking because the UFC/Dana didn’t immediately fall in love with the idea. I was actually a bit taken aback when the fight was first announced and she was throwing out little digs at the UFC immediately. Didn’t expect that but when I heard her say she spoke to the UFC and they didn’t come to an agreement, it all made sense. She’s almost like a girl asking a lad out at school, getting knocked back and then getting with someone else and talking shit on the first kid in the hopes he’ll get jealous.

On the other side, I’m surprised Dana and co didn’t go all out to make it happen in the UFC. They’ve got so little in the way of genuine stars at the moment, and Dana’s always had a boner for Ronda, so you’d have thought it’d be a no brainer that if she ever made a return, it’d be in the UFC.

But yeah, a lot of what Ronda is saying is absolutely spot on. But it’s very rich coming from her when she never lifted a finger to force change when she might’ve been able to make a difference. And like I said, she’s literally said herself that she was shopping this fight with Carano to the UFC before MVP/Netflix ended up getting it. So her issues with the UFC must’ve suddenly occurred to her very recently.

Right message, wrong messenger. 

Posted

Agreed it feels it's coming from a strop because he wasn't interested but she doesn't pull when you upset her hahaha 

And agreed again Jake clearly is willing to be seriously injured if it comes with a price big enough he's lost the serious future champion route so he's going balls deep and I'm happy to fight people that could kill me if you pay enough for it to happen and he's going to be forever known no matter what path he needs which is a overarching mindset for all influencers and online celebrities they do anything for followers and clout as they say 

 

Posted

I think Ronda is the walking embodiment of 'me vs the world', if you're not with her, you are her enemy. 

I have always liked Ronda and people will say she is to self important but her merits and numbers more than back up her ego.

But you are right, she was more than happy to go with UFC originally but like i said, thats just her nature.

What i want to know is what happened to all her concussions? I'm sure she said at launch of her last book that she was getting mini concussion every wwe match towards the end?

Posted

Dana has said on twitter we Are getting the next 9 event announcements sometime tonight 

Incoming has to be khamzat Vs Strickland 

And maybe Conor??

 

They have had such backlash after the whitehouse card announcement they have to come big right??

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...