Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 27 Author Paid Members Posted February 27 Well, its been rumored for a while, who saw that location coming though? We live in crazy times. Quote
NeverYield Posted February 27 Posted February 27 (edited) That location is fucking quality to be fair I always enjoyed Rico in KB. Would much rather see another line of opposition though for Usyk but we know what boxings like . Edited February 27 by NeverYield Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 28 Paid Members Posted February 28 To be honest, given Zuffa's entry and arrogance, and TKO's general laziness about touring, seems like booking freakshow fights in spectacular locations is the right approach. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 28 Paid Members Posted February 28 I don’t even know what to say about Usyk vs Rico. I guess my only take at the moment is I’m happy for Rico. He’s gonna get smashed but hopefully he’s making big money. The UFC could’ve had him, they were trying to get him on the 324 card in January and no doubt lowballed him. He’ll probably make more for this farce than he would’ve in ten years in the UFC. Fight itself is a load of bollocks though. Sick of all these weird fights now. In UFC news, they’ve announced the full lineup for 327 in April. Can’t say I’m in love with it but there’s some good stuff on there. Jiri vs Ulberg being for the proper belt (notice it doesn’t say ‘interim’) basically confirms that Alex Pereira is off to Heavyweight. Not that arsed about that fight though, there’s something lacking about Ulberg for me. Hopefully Jiri drags him into something crazy. Van vs Taira is ace. Hope Blaydes annihilates that Hokit cunt. And off the prelims Swanson vs Landwehr leaps off the page as your likely FOTN. Hoping Murzakanov ends the Costa silliness. If Costa even shows up. Bored of him now. Gamrot is probably gonna stifle Ribovics to a dull decision, which saddens me. And Pitbull vs Pico is hilarious matchmaking to me. Just because Paramount paid $7.7 BILLION for the UFC, only for the matchmakers to go ‘here’s a Bellator fight for ya. Enjoy.’ Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 28 Author Paid Members Posted February 28 Has abit of a feel to it of a card of a few years ago, i like it. Quote
Dai Posted February 28 Posted February 28 Bloody hell, that's a lot of names for the prelims. Why have they stacked this one so much? With the state of Fight Nights these days, they genuinely have 7 Fight Night main events on the prelims. Quote
Bruce85 Posted February 28 Posted February 28 45 minutes ago, Dai said: Bloody hell, that's a lot of names for the prelims. Why have they stacked this one so much? With the state of Fight Nights these days, they genuinely have 7 Fight Night main events on the prelims. I thought the same thing! How do they expect people to care about the women’s division when they are sticking the number 2 ranked fighter on the early prelims. I’d understand if it was the white house card or ufc 400. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 1 Paid Members Posted March 1 Get this down you, headliner for Perth in May… Yes! This is just a Fight Night main event by the way. This could’ve easily been used as a co-main on a numbered show. Great fight. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 Of course he did. Should just have done with it and change his name to Jake Mager. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 8 Paid Members Posted March 8 Full White House card revealed. Mostly good stuff on there but no doubt it’s gonna get shat on because, once again, MMA fans had worked themselves up into believing we were gonna get Jesus Christ himself vs Satan on the card, with a King Kong vs Godzilla co-main. Top two fights are pretty much what most realistic people probably kind of expected. Although I was quietly hoping we might get Makhachev vs Topuria, you’ve got to give Gaethje his shot with him being interim champ. Pereira vs Gane is fine. Be cool if Pereira beats the eye poker and faces Aspinall later in the year for the proper belt. Be interesting to see if Pereira can actually go on to become the first ever three weight UFC champion. There’s no bad fights on this card. I really like the Lopes vs Garcia opener as well. Dana talking about having six title fights or whatever on it was never gonna happen, nor should it have happened, unless you want almost no title fights the rest of the year. Dana’s now saying they never even considered Jon Jones for this card. To be fair to Dana (and I hate saying that) he was saying from the start that he couldn’t trust Jones to be on this one. I did think he’d end up caving though just because they don’t really have any other big names to throw in there. I thought we’d end up with Jones vs Pereira with Gane as the backup. No McGregor in sight either. Good. Fuck him. Hope he never fights again. Quote
Dai Posted March 9 Posted March 9 To be honest, I was expecting a bit more in the way of 'names', and not just be getting a very good numbered event, considering its the White House show, and also (maybe) the first show that will be airing on network TV. When you have an ice cold OMalley/Zahabi fight as third from top, then I think its reasonable for people to be a bit disappointed considering the hype the were giving this one, and every Tom, Dick and Harry saying they wanted to be on this. Also, first being gifted that Aldo fight, and now, for reasons I cant really make out, being third from top on the White House show, Zahabi must be in possession of something extremely powerful to be given these sorts of gifts, despite being a complete no name. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 9 Paid Members Posted March 9 Wouldn't say Zahabi is a complete no-name; his last four wins have been over Basharat, Munhoz, Aldo, and Chito. Sure, the last three are almost done, and Basharat's limit may be lower than initially thought, but it's not nothing, especially as he's on a seven-win streak. I'm a fan, mainly just because he's a very polished, technical fighter (as you'd expect from Firas' brother). Wish he'd fight more often though. I genuinely think he'd have had a title shot by now if he did. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 9 Paid Members Posted March 9 2 hours ago, Dai said: To be honest, I was expecting a bit more in the way of 'names', and not just be getting a very good numbered event, considering its the White House show, and also (maybe) the first show that will be airing on network TV. When you have an ice cold OMalley/Zahabi fight as third from top, then I think its reasonable for people to be a bit disappointed considering the hype the were giving this one, and every Tom, Dick and Harry saying they wanted to be on this. I get your point but the thing is, what a lot of fans seem to forget these days is that the UFC simply don’t have enough stars and big names anymore to stack these things up like they used to. It’s why so many of even the numbered shows now have a good-decent main event, sometimes an OK co-main and then dogshit weak prelims. 327 is a rare exception but, even that, I don’t think it’s anywhere near as ‘stacked’ as I’m seeing a lot of people call it. We used to get undercards like that most of the time. But mostly, cards are all about the headliner these days, or the top two fights, occasionally at a push the top three. If we’re lucky. Fans need to stop believing Dana’s bullshit as well. He’s gonna promise the world. It’s his job. He did it for UFC 300, the Sphere card and this White House card. And every single time fans completely buy into his “this is gonna be the craziest card ever” shite, then lose their heads when the card gets announced and the reality doesn’t match up with the bill of goods he sold them. I can understand why fans might feel a bit underwhelmed by the card after all the hype. But I’m seeing fans call it a “shit card” and all sorts. Realistically, who did they actually expect on this card? Topuria and Pereira are probably the two biggest current and active stars they have and they’re both on there in a double header. Putting aside Dana’s silly “best card ever” hyperbole for a second, that’s a stronger one-two main and co-main than most cards we’ve seen over the last few years. Below that, there’s some decent stuff but yeah, it’s hit and miss. But the fact is, they haven’t created enough stars to support the insane schedule they keep now. That’s on them. They got complacent and relied on names from the past for too long, putting minimal effort into building up any new names unless those fighters did 95% of the legwork for them, like Topuria and Pereira. They got lazy and now they’re having to spread the few names they have left around. And most of them are ageing. The undercard could’ve probably been beefed up a bit. Especially with it only being a six fight card. But I guess they realised they need names for the cards after this one as well. It’s funny but whenever I’ve seen fans saying the card is bad, they’ve never really got alternatives. What did they want to see? And again, I mean realistically. Of who’s available in 2026, what monster fights can they even make that would satisfy people? New fans will swear blind that the sport is healthier than it’s ever been and they’ll argue that the stars of yesteryear wouldn’t cut it today but then a card like this pops up and all the fan speculation revolves around names from the past like Jones, McGregor, Rousey, Lesnar etc. The only fights featuring current names that you could see as truly special at the moment would be Aspinall vs Jones and Makhachev vs Topuria. But Aspinall’s walking around with a guide dog at the moment. Jones is an absolute joke now and the biggest attention whore with no intention of fighting ever. And according to Dana over the weekend, Makhachev is currently injured as well. On the O’Malley vs Zahabi thing, yeah, I don’t love that one. I was hoping for O’Malley vs Sandhagen myself and Sandhagen was pushing for it. Then this gets announced. Bit odd. I’d have preferred that and Zahabi could’ve fought Umar or Bautista or something. I suspect either O’Malley or the UFC, or both, see Zahabi as the more winnable fight and this is all part of rebuilding O’Malley and continuing to force him as a challenger for the title. Could backfire though and a loss to Zahabi probably does more damage to O’Malley than a loss to Sandhagen would at this point. In other news, we speculated about this the other day but it’s now been confirmed that Francis Ngannou is gonna be fighting on the Rousey vs Carano card on Netflix in May. Against Philipe Lins. I said Philipe Lins. He’s a 40 year old Brazilian, 18-5 record, hasn’t fought in two years and had a bunch of very forgettable fights in the UFC, as well as stints in PFL and Bellator previously. In all seriousness, there are much worse Heavyweights out there. And he was let go by the UFC coming off a four fight win streak, to be fair. But you know what this is. Just a body to feed Francis. A way to get Francis on the card. And I’m fine with that really. Sod it. Twats are criticising him but what do they want him to do? Dana’s publicly shat on him every time he’s been asked about him over the last couple of years, including outright saying he’s not interested in bringing him back. So unless he has a change of heart (and he might), this is the way it’s gonna be. With him leaving PFL, that’s killed the Nemkov fight for the foreseeable future. Best we can hope for with Ngannou in MMA is honestly probably a fight against Eddie Hall now 🤣 and I can actually see that happening on Netflix down the road. He’ll probably box Jake Paul as well, which I’m not arsed about. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.