Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 4 Paid Members Posted February 4 Yeah it was meant to be Moreno vs Asu Almabayev but an injury scuppered that. In a way I’ve got mixed feelings on Kavanagh stepping in because I’m not sure it’s wise coming off his first loss, in his first real step up in levels, to then take an even bigger step up against Moreno. Not to mention over five rounds, on Moreno’s turf and at high altitude! It’s a lot to ask. But…fuck it. Almabayev does nothing for me really and that fight was kind of dead on arrival. Moreno vs Kavanagh is much more interesting. Quote
Dai Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Think I remember Zambidis from the Overeem days of K1, which must be at least 15 years old now. Suprised Mayweather was still doing these, as I haven't seen him on this board doing this for what feels like ages. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 4 Paid Members Posted February 4 (edited) Floyd has spunked all of his money away. He'd fight your nan if he was getting well paid. Edited February 4 by Lion_of_the_Midlands John The Beast Mugabe. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted February 5 Posted February 5 Main event change for the fight night Moreno show he's now fighting kavanagh which shouldn't be competitive when Moreno sits 5th compared to kavanagh 15th If kavanagh can go and shock the world with a win it would be unbelievable I just don't see it here. He was booked for a fight a couple weeks out from this card so he's been in camp but not for such a elite opponent like Brendon never say never in this game though. We've lost or replaced every card thus far and multiple weight misses ect tough start for the huge paramount plus era but they'll used to it in no time I'm sure Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 12 Author Paid Members Posted February 12 Full London card is set: For the astronomical ticket prices it feels abit weak, but as far as UK based interest goes I think its a really solid card. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 12 Paid Members Posted February 12 It’s one of those weird cards that would look better overall if it had the exact same fights but with a different bout order. It’s a bit baffling to me why Jones vs Sola and Wood vs Keita are on the prelims. Even Parkin vs Pinto looks a bit too low down the card for me and I’m not a big fan of Parkin. Pinto’s is actually one of the few newer Heavyweights who looks like he could be decent though, and he’s British. Shining a bit of main card light on him wouldn’t have hurt, or at least top of the prelims. If it was up to me, the main card would be… Evloev vs Murphy Wood vs Keita as co-main MVP vs Patterson Riley vs Aswell Jones vs Sola Baraniewski vs Lane Really don’t enjoy watching MVP and the matchup here is strange but I recognise he’s too big a name to not have on the main card. Riley vs Aswell doesn’t warrant co-main to me, Wood deserves that spot and his opponent is better as well and a big debut. And my choice for Baraniewski vs Lane kicking off the main card is solely because it’s probably gonna be one round of mayhem and then a brutal KO. Looks like a stronger card to me with my bout order. Still not strong enough to justify to silly ticket prices they charge these days but it looks better to me my way than the lopsided topsy turvy order they’ve got it listed as. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 13 Author Paid Members Posted February 13 I like the MVP/Patterson fight. Patterson seemed destined to be one of those UK guys that fluttered around mid-cards forever and never really get anywhere. He's strung together 4 straight finished and if he beats MVP he could be bang in the 170lb mix. Fully agree about the bout order argument. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 17 Author Paid Members Posted February 17 Now this is going to be some sloppy shit of the highest order: Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 17 Author Paid Members Posted February 17 What on earth!? Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 17 Paid Members Posted February 17 Wasn't Carano already done when Rousey made her MMA debut? This might be the worst idea for a match since Jones/Miocic. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 17 Paid Members Posted February 17 Yeah that’s a weird one. It’s been looking like Ronda was gonna fight again for a while, just because of all the training footage she suddenly started putting out. But I assumed if she was ever gonna fight again it would be in the UFC. And I didn’t expect it to be against Gina Carano. Dana must be heartbroken. Ha. Quote
Dai Posted February 17 Posted February 17 Carano was a massive deal for Elite XC and Strikeforce at the time. Think it could be fair to say without her there might not have even been Ronda. That said, the Cyborg fight she had was 16 years ago! Insane that she's coming back for this. It's going to be embarrassing for both of them I am predicting, unless Ronda gets the armbar early. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 17 Paid Members Posted February 17 I've no idea if Rousey or Carano are big names to MMA fans in 2026, but as someone who was a huge fan in the 2010s, who's completely fallen out of it, and couldn't even name the current UFC Champions, I'll definitely be tuning in. However, I fully expect it'll be as depressing as that last Chuck vs. Tito fight. Quote
Dai Posted February 17 Posted February 17 I assume the MMA fanbase is alot like the wrestling one, which is pretty much stuck in a time warp from the height of Ronda's popularity time frame. That Chuck/Tito comparison sounds very accurate. Chuck was out the game for 8 years when he had that match, so can't even comprehend a 16 year gap between fights as there's nothing remotely close to that to draw from. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.