Extreme Rules 2021 happened

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

It took no time at all for Pat McAfee to start feeling overproduced and repetitive. As with everything in WWE, they stumbled across something fun and organic so did it over and over again. He’s still the best commentator they have by a million miles but you can already practically hear those in his headset telling him to do that thing again.

Just now, Supremo said:

It took no time at all for Pat McAfee to start feeling overproduced and repetitive. As with everything in WWE, they stumbled across something fun and organic so did it over and over again. He’s still the best commentator they have by a million miles but you can already practically hear those in his headset telling him to do that thing again.

I actually found it quite noticeable as soon as he started. It was mostly when you'd get like 90% of a real human sentence from him and then something jarring like "sports entertainment!" where a normal person would just say wrestling. Annoying WWE buzzwords he's clearly being told to hit.

Cole is the opposite really. 90% WWE robotics and shilling with the occasional glimmer of what he might actually think if he was allowed independent thought.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Even with such an uninteresting product, I can’t think of anyone as uninteresting a character as Sasha Banks. Complete nothingness from her years now.

Also, that rope snapping might end up being the ghost of Lilly the way that shower are carrying on.

I thought her run with Bailey last year was decent, but yeah, i know what you mean. She was sloppy I thought in the ring last night. 

Also to echo the commentary, I was singing Pat's praises just a few weeks ago as being a real shock in the arm for the product, but he definetly sounded more controlled last night, and it was glaringly obvious as well.

• Paid Members

I’ve seen it fantasy booked that it’ll be Bray Wyatt who snapped the rope with his spooky, magic powers. He’s been unleashed by Charlotte killing the doll, you see.

Bray being hired back by WWE before he can debut as the new leader of Dark Order on Wednesday? I fucking wish!

They've just announced the 2022 Rumble will take place on a Saturday night  29th January. It'll be at The Dome in St Louis with a 66,000 capacity. 

They're really trying to make the money back after the pandemic with all of these stadium and larger venue PPVs.  Even the MITB PPV

Edited by Perry

• Paid Members

I thought there was about another few weeks on his no compete yet? We'd worked it out to being the Friday before Bound For Glory or something like that. Of course they could always trot somebody completely different out in that costume as "The Fiend Bray Wyatt" and hope nobody notices. What's Elias up to nowadays? 

41 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Even with such an uninteresting product, I can’t think of anyone as uninteresting a character as Sasha Banks. Complete nothingness from her years now.

She suffers from exactly the same issue as Charlotte does a lot of the time - not even having a real character and just being thrown out there as one of the Four Horsewomen and expecting the crowds to lap it up.

In fact I'm not sure they ever really tried to explain what being "The Boss" was anytime on the main roster. She was just there and we were told she was amazing and that was that.

It's frustrating because it's actually something that's incredibly easy to fix. All it takes is a vignette here and there. Doesn't need to be ridiculously in depth but at least it gives more character and more motivation.

33 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I thought there was about another few weeks on his no compete yet? We'd worked it out to being the Friday before Bound For Glory or something like that. Of course they could always trot somebody completely different out in that costume as "The Fiend Bray Wyatt" and hope nobody notices. What's Elias up to nowadays? 

Hypothetically, WWE can let him out of his non-compete - they've done it in the past, I think. Not sure they'd want to do it for an AEW appearence, though. Maybe if it was just Impact or something.

• Paid Members

Having only seen clips, I wrongly thought it was the finish that made Finn look like a wally. I hadn’t seen what a whopper he looked during his entrance, too!

E6EAFF17-B370-4FA4-8FDA-6C5C04E74E1B.thumb.jpeg.0c548e78d4d254ddef990c8deb04ae18.jpeg

A fucking mohawk! Fucking hell. For a gimmick that I wish could work they’re forever doing everything in their power to make it a lame pile of shit. This will be the lasting legacy of Triple H’s NXT 1.0. Cringey edge lord aesthetics and awkward, over-choreographed entrances and mannerisms straight out of first year drama school.

27 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Having only seen clips, I wrongly thought it was the finish that made Finn look like a wally. I hadn’t seen what a whopper he looked during his entrance, too!

E6EAFF17-B370-4FA4-8FDA-6C5C04E74E1B.thumb.jpeg.0c548e78d4d254ddef990c8deb04ae18.jpeg

A fucking mohawk! Fucking hell. For a gimmick that I wish could work they’re forever doing everything in their power to make it a lame pile of shit. This will be the lasting legacy of Triple H’s NXT 1.0. Cringey edge lord aesthetics and awkward, over-choreographed entrances and mannerisms straight out of first year drama school.

Out of interest, how different is it now to how he used it pre-NXT? Has it always just been a random makeup thing? Did it have context before?

• Paid Members

Only saw him a few times pre-NXT but it was always just a gimmick that made for a cool visual at a live show. It was more like Mysterio coming out as Daredevil at Mania, usually a cool pop culture thing to make us nerds like him. All the Demon King shite is, as far as I'm aware, a WWE invention

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Out of interest, how different is it now to how he used it pre-NXT? Has it always just been a random makeup thing? Did it have context before?

He just used to do comic references, the Joker, Punisher, spiderman and Spawn etc and became a 'what will he do next' when he was doing indie appearances. There was no context. 

The demon thing seems to have developed from NXT wanting a reason to do the makeup because it had some buzz, and is mainly based around the awesome venom paint that he had used 

c1c9b23e3871cc07e7ed5b4081c569f9.jpg

Having someone who looks like that on your roster with the appeal he has to so many different demographics and they still make him look a wally. I stopped watching WWE a few years back (high horse and all) but reading these threads brings me no end of joy. 

Fuck that disgusting company.