Extreme Rules 2021 happened

Hannibal Scorch

53 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

reading that Charlotte tore up Alexa Bliss' doll.

In reality that's Charlotte not fucking about with selling Alexa's gimmick. But in kayfabe, how do you explain that? It had some kind of spooky magical powers over everyone else, but when she fights Charlotte it's just a regular doll?

Years ago, I heard a story about a rumble match on the indies that had a big dance-off spot where everyone got hypnotised and started dancing. The next person out was Saraya Knight, and she didn't want to do the comedy spot, so instead she just came out, no sold the hypnosis bit and just twatted the guy responsible to end that bit. In her head, that was "I'm not doing this bollocks". But the way commentary and other people on the show sold it was, "what powers does Saraya have that makes her immune to this magic?", so actually made her more of a part of the daft comedy spot than if she'd just taken part like everybody else. 

I'm reminded of that, because it's the same thing with Charlotte now. If she's capable of saying "fuck off with that daft shit, it's just a doll", does that mean that she's immune to its/Alexa's powers? Or is it just saying, "all of that was silly wrestling TV shit, it's time to get serious", in which case, it's a matter of the old Vince Russo "that bit was fake, but this bit of fake wrestling is real" that has never, ever worked.

You can see it now. There's going to be an actress dressed up in a life size Lilly outfit that's going to be terrorising Charlotte on RAW/Smackdown!!

Edited by 5pints

I always seek out Finn’s big matches, largely just because I think he seems a really nice bloke. 

Even with no real need to whinge about WWE creative any more now that there’s a good consistent alternative, the end of that match is still incredibly disappointing. I’m already looking forward to how they will manage to amusingly book themselves out of Reigns vs Brock. 

• Paid Members

Double DQ? Uso interference? Brawl to the back? From what I'm reading here WWE is veering down the road of "tune in to see what bollocks we've got in store next time". 

31 minutes ago, Perry said:

It should no longer be an excuse for those that say they still watch this out of habit.  WWE is fucking dead

Excuse for what? Why on earth would anybody need to defend their habit watching? 

9 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Excuse for what? Why on earth would anybody need to defend their habit watching? 

You get tired of people constantly moaning about the product while saying they only still watch out of habit.  I'd say some people should break the habit.

Puzzles me how some people can watch a show week in week out that they can't be arsed with.

Surely it's only the kids that are entertained by WWE these days, and yet Meltzer still claims that WWE's main TV audience are over 50. 

2 hours ago, Perry said:

It should no longer be an excuse for those that say they still watch this out of habit.  WWE is fucking dead

They're not dead. Far from it. If they were then they wouldn't be putting on PPVs. They're dead to a lot of people who have moved on and found other stuff to enjoy etc. But they're clearly still doing more than enough business.

17 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Is anybody still pretending that Michael Cole and Pat McAfee aren't an all time awful commentary team?

I really enjoy Pat's work and I think Cole enjoys working with him too. So no, I don't think they come close to being an all time awful commentary team. And I'm not pretending.

Edited to add that I generally found the show boring. The crowd were asleep for most of it. I was hoping it might be one of those that looked weak on paper and ended up being surprisingly good.

It was not.

Edited by DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Saw the end on Reddit this morning and it must be up there as one of the all time worst finishes to a match I’ve seen.

Not even the music resurrecting him which is daft but we’ve seen worse, but to do that whole thing for the very first time and have him fall off the top rope and lose. Made Finn Balor look like an utter idiot.

This is some serious “Death of WCW” level finish. An all-time dud.