d-d-d-dAz Posted August 5 Posted August 5 (edited) Everyone seems to be doing venues I'd say are too big for them. I think the higher end events and experiences market is just booming. Edited August 5 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted August 5 Paid Members Posted August 5 A viable reason for them to bump Ticket prices up even if they don't sell out to still make profit? Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted August 14 Awards Moderator Posted August 14 Just been to see Two Feet at KOKO. Honest to Christ, he is unbelievable live. He brings a Blues guitar feel to modern music, with a soft vocal that just works, even though it shouldn’t. The most important part was him nodding to his struggles; he’s got addiction and self-harm in the books and has worried many fans over the years, but tonight said it was his first UK gig that he was present and sober for, and the entire audience paid it back with their support. I’ve seen him a few times now but this one was very special. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 26 Paid Members Posted August 26 On 6/16/2026 at 8:52 PM, Gus Mears said: I enjoyed Sparks in Chelsea so much I've bought tickets for Southend in August. And it was superb. I got there early like a saddo to get to the front and had the best time. Crowd was shockingly good for a Wednesday in Southend and the whole band seemed really engaged. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 27 Paid Members Posted August 27 3 hours ago, Gus Mears said: And it was superb. I got there early like a saddo to get to the front and had the best time. Crowd was shockingly good for a Wednesday in Southend and the whole band seemed really engaged. Oh man I very nearly bought last minute tickets, but they only had pairs. Glad it was good though Quote
SaitoRyo Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Went to see The Waterboys & Steve Earle doing their Fisherman's Blues Revue show last week in Amsterdam. Absolutely. Fucking. Class. I love both The Waterboys and Steve Earle, so a show with both of them built around an all-time album was pretty much the perfect show for me on paper. In practice, it more than lived up to my expectations. The first set was just The Waterboys, and they did some heavy-hitters like The Whole of the Moon and Don't Band the Drum, before there was a twenty-minute intermission. Second set started with Steve Earle playing some of his songs with the band and then Mike Scott came out for them to duet on some Waterboys tunes and covers. All in all, it was three hours long and worth every Euro (about 60 of them iirc). It was all excellent, but Galway Girl, Copperhead Road, Fisherman's Blues and And a Bang on the Ear were definite highlights. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 26 Author Paid Members Posted September 26 Went to see Martin Simpson at King's Place last night. He's playing songs from his latest album, which he released to mark fifty years of performing as a professional (he went pro at 17!) - most of the songs are either covers of folk standards, or re-workings of old songs he either wasn't happy with the original versions of, or hadn't released. Incredible guitar-playing, superb voice, and interspersed the songs with either stories about some of the people or situations he wrote the songs about, or talked some politics about the songs he was playing. He's a good, progressive bloke too. Was glad I finally got to see him perform. Also, I love going to King's Place, and regret that I've only been twice - last time was to see the Kinnaris Quintet, who are excellent. It's a great venue, particularly for folk music - Hall One is beautifully constructed for aesthetics, acoustics, and audience views. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.