Best entrance sets

garynysmon

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Most of the arenas Raw was being taped in before 1997 could never have fit any set of that size anyway.

Imagine them trying to hang the titan tron inside a high school gym back in '95?

Speaking of entrance sets, apparently Stephanie has said when they unveil the new Raw/SD sets they will once again show everyone that they're ahead of the curve. That's an interesting quote considering they've pretty much used the same style for years now.

I wonder if the set will be some mad structure that doesn't look like much to the live audience but allows them to CGI in different entrance sets or structures for TV with different wrestlers have completely different customised backdrops.

They did it for that throwback smackdown so it could be something they though was absolutely brilliant and should do regularly. 

• Paid Members
On 7/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, Liam O'Rourke said:

WCW Worldwide on ITV had the rotating ring for sure.

Was this when they were filming at Universal Studios/Disneyworld? 

Has anyone ever asked Heyman why they had dead houseplants by the curtains of the bingo hall in the old days?

Anyway, thought of another. I loved the plastic tunnel from the New Gen era, in particular the thunder and lightning version from (the otherwise awful) WrestleMania XI:

spacer.png

Another tidy set you can change on the fly, that looks like it's bringing your action figures to life rather than turning your stars into action figures. 

23 hours ago, Perry said:

Speaking of entrance sets, apparently Stephanie has said when they unveil the new Raw/SD sets they will once again show everyone that they're ahead of the curve. That's an interesting quote considering they've pretty much used the same style for years now.

It'll be like the Smackdown fist, but a middle finger.

The WM 12 and 13 sets were great for me. Minimalist but effective, no messing around. I loved that black and red set for WM14 too, it was rather different. 

RAW circa mid 1997 is my all time favorite raw set, prob as I started watching around that time. 

There was one set where they had a load of cars stacked up which looked cool.