The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

A double win for Man Utd, that. Not only did they bag three points but the away fans will be back home within the hour and can celebrate at their local. 

Try it again on Twitter, you might double that one like on there!

• Paid Members

The Cobham Cafu's going places. As complete a full-back as I've seen us have, and only 21. He's a noob for not stealing the penalty, though.

6 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Conor Gallagher is going to break my bloody heart when he goes back to that lot at the end of the season. 

Gilmour's going to need rehabbed after a season losing at Norwich!

4 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Gilmour's going to need rehabbed after a season losing at Norwich!

The key is to send them on loan to Norwich in their 'in the Championship season cycle', like we did with Skipp.

It was important for him to get time, and also enjoy himself for a year winning games, because he surely can't be happy this season. 

• Paid Members
On 10/24/2021 at 6:25 PM, SuperBacon said:

Don't worry United fans, Tottenham will be with you next week to cheer you all up.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:30 PM, air_raid said:

Good news for them is Spurs next.

The crushing inevitability of life as a Spurs fan. Ronaldo could have gone forty games without a goal, he’d have turned up yesterday. He always puts us to the sword.

Between the end of Pochettino, the Mourinho debacle, the sale of Eriksen, decline of Alli and what’s happening with Kane leaving us with a team with only Son as a player other clubs might covet… probably time to admit the time of “in with a shot at making the Champions League” is over for the foreseeable. The squads going backwards and the performances, results and perception of the team right now have dropped to sub-Martin Jol era “good bet for 5th.” Right now at the very least there’s Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham and Leicester who l’d definitely fancy to finish above us. Somethings got to inject some positivity and optimism into the club or “made some signings, stayed ropey at the back, won some decent games but lost plenty we shouldn’t, came 8th again” from the 90s will come back round to be the teams season review in a nutshell.

13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Try it again on Twitter, you might double that one like on there!

People would be disappointed if I didn’t make that joke, which reminds me. I have to address the clocks going back. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

God bless Roy Keane. The way he's developed this gimmick of being a completely humourless man into the funniest act on TV is absolutely genius. For such a top class footballer, he's a bit of a dunce of a pundit, but he's TV gold. 

A gimmick? You think a guy who would miss a WORLD CUP rather than accept substandard approach to trying to compete isn't deadly serious about this stuff? And let's be fair, he's normally right. He was right about Spurs. He was right about Liverpool early last  season when everyone mocked him and he's been right about United for years now. For every hundred million they spend, they still have the same fundamental issues with lack of character. 

The only thing I find false about him is the refusal to directly slaughter Solskjaer like he would any other manager. Understandable but false. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

The only thing I find false about him is the refusal to directly slaughter Solskjaer like he would any other manager. Understandable but false. 

No it's not. The mess at United is only partially Solskjaer's fault. United aren't shit because of Solskjaer.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

No it's not. The mess at United is only partially Solskjaer's fault. United aren't shit because of Solskjaer.

I get that but when they're poor, they're abysmal and Roy (and Neville) will look everywhere but him. There are only so many times you can drag Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, etc over the coals without looking at the bloke who picks them every week.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I get that but when they're poor, they're abysmal and Roy (and Neville) will look everywhere but him. There are only so many times you can drag Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, etc over the coals without looking at the bloke who picks them every week.

Who else do they pick?

• Paid Members

Poor Nuno.

Fancy replacing Mourinho with Mourinho light. The choice that was quite clearly 5th and importantly last and desperate choice.

How'd you sack him and look for a replacement? When he was the result of you having to scrape a barrel?

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

How'd you sack him and look for a replacement? When he was the result of you having to scrape a barrel?

That's what I was thinking earlier. They only went for him (from a list of Mendes-approved suitors, let's not forget) because they couldn't get anyone else. If they sack him, who are they going to get right now?

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That's what I was thinking earlier. They only went for him (from a list of Mendes-approved suitors, let's not forget) because they couldn't get anyone else. If they sack him, who are they going to get right now?

Dont you worry my little friend. There are at least 4 more defensive minded Portuguese coaches on the Mendes rolodex for us to get through.

Anyway, it's all relative, as we're all just waiting for Dad to get home from the shops.

I genuinely love how Spurs fans (myself included) pine for a man who, ultimately failed (albeit gloriously and upwards) and will settle for nothing but him, and dismiss proven winners such as Conte, as we all just wait for the match made in heaven to happen again.

Such an absurd little club.