The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

Walters passing feels like the loss of a grandparent. He was manager when I started following Rangers, and a constant in my support since. Anyone in their 30s and older will relate to how old guys in their 40s looked and felt back then compared to now. The story of his illness broke last year, but little shared publicly by journalists which is a testament to the respect held for him in this clickbait era.

From crying in my bed as a ten year old when a draw in a rigged champions league group denied us the final we deserved to be in, the joy in everyone hating us in the 90s, crying as Scotland lost to Italy after he brought respectability back after many years of abject failure and left Mcleish and the team touching distance from euro 2008, to return to a rattled and struggling Rangers; the run to Manchester where dogged makes it sound glamorous, the 3 league titles including the last one on the last day taking Kilmarnock apart, The man has brought more emotion and happiness to my life than most. 

reading how he’s been Ill since late 2018, I’m glad he got to take in games last season and see a sense of the Rangers he knew returning. Rangers to me as a boy always had that special way of carrying themselves, from being suited for training, there’s always been a different feeling pre 2012 to us vs anyone else. That feeling came from Walter and the standards he brought and kept when he joined with Souness in 86. Tonight’s going to be an absolute mess as everyone I know is hurting badly from this, but it’ll be good to be amongst threads and pay tribute to Walter. I won’t see a manager get more trophies for my club again. Mr Smith was simply the best 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This has made me laugh way more than it should've done 

God bless Roy Keane. The way he's developed this gimmick of being a completely humourless man into the funniest act on TV is absolutely genius. For such a top class footballer, he's a bit of a dunce of a pundit, but he's TV gold. 

What a mess. I feel bad for Nuno as he seems like a decent, principled fella, but despite coming from the 3rd biggest club in the world, the job is too big for him. 

He's well out of his depth, and he doesnt deserve the vitriol he got today. But he has to go.

What the fuck are Son and Romero doing at this club? How on earth did we sign the latter? 

• Paid Members

Levy thinking he pulled a masterstroke by reneging on his gentleman's agreement only for Kane to say 'fuck you' and turning into Vincent Janssen.

Also, Ole is remarkably good at winning matches with the sack at stake. He's like TNA, he can't die.