Happy Kane Day!

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

15 years ago now and we still remember it. That's got to count for something.

I listened to a pod recently where the subject of Kane came up and one of the hosts was talking about "MAY NINETEENTH" and the other had no idea what he meant. Instant discredit for not knowing that piece of WrestleCrap.

• Paid Members

I still haven’t figured out what the point was. I mean, I know it was the date See No Evil came out but…. I still don’t know what the point of any of it was. Why did real Kane lose for a start?

A multimillion dollar company and that wig on imposter Kane was the best they could come up with. Somebody had to be on a wind up with that because there’s no way anyone thought it looked good. 

If I remember rightly the imposter Kane look did improve over the following weeks but it was the only thing that did improve about the whole May 19th shit. 

WrestleCrap indeed. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

I still haven’t figured out what the point was. I mean, I know it was the date See No Evil came out but…. I still don’t know what the point of any of it was. Why did real Kane lose for a start?

Fuck knows if it's true but there were rumours at the time that Gallows-Kane was going to become a regular character, with him even possibly being retconned as the REAL Kane, with Jacobs becoming "Jacob Goodnight", his character in See No Evil. Putting him over makes a bit of sense in that context.

Why they had him win only to just abandon the entire thing the next night is another question entirely though.

No props for Shawn Michaels being forced to ref a Kane match while wearing a bright yellow shirt that said "May 19th"? HBK being involved is of course a negative, but it did feature 'Just Look at Me' Rob Conway. 

Props to the uploader for uploading this on... yep, you guessed it, May 19th 2020.