WWE allegedly in talks with MLW

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

I've seen it reported that WWE are in talks with MLW to allow some of their more underutilised NXT talent to appear on their shows. I wonder whether it'll include a clause like the buyout thing in their deal with PROGRESS. 

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/wwe-reportedly-in-talks-with-top-promotion-about-possibly-working-together/

10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've seen it reported that WWE are in talks with MLW to allow some of their more underutilised NXT talent to appear on their shows. I wonder whether it'll include a clause like the buyout thing in their deal with PROGRESS. 

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/wwe-reportedly-in-talks-with-top-promotion-about-possibly-working-together/

It probably will because no way are WWE working with anyone these days without the aim to fuck and gut them eventually.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hoptimus said:

WWE don't partner with promotions. Are they going to have MLW mentioned on WWE television? Are they going to allow for WWE superstars to appear on an MLW event without it being WWE controlled?

I don't know how you can say this when, as the article points out, this is exactly the deal they just had with Evolve, and before then with ECW (and not too far removed from their deals with Progress & ICW that allowed talent to appear).

MLW won't be mentioned on WWE television, John Cena won't be rocking up to win the MLW belt, it'll just be a place for the people they don't have space for in NXT to be allowed to wrestle on shows so they don't get bored & pissed off and can, in theory continue to develop as performers.

It’s the Evolve/Progress/ICW thing again. ‘You give up your talent, restrict your creative and production, work around our schedule. We’ll send you Trent Seven for a surprise appearance’.

17 minutes ago, AVM said:

It’s the Evolve/Progress/ICW thing again. ‘You give up your talent, restrict your creative and production, work around our schedule. We’ll send you Trent Seven for a surprise appearance’.

Yeah that's why to me these deals don't give me the sense of it being a partnership in the sense of how I as a wrestling fan would expect it to be. 

Its more that WWE will give some sort of payment to a smaller promotion to be a developmental territory. 

MLW isn't going to be getting its logo on Raw or MLW having matches on a Smackdown broadcast. 

MLW isn't getting Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman at an MLW event.

I prefer how things are going with AEW and Impact Wrestling as it feels like a partnership where talent are being shared and cross promoted. It feels like a proper partnership of the sense of making your partner promotions feel equal in standing in terms of size, reach, star power. 

WWE will never have another promotion feel in equal standing to them so these partnerships are more how can I rephrase them developmental deals than partnerships. 

• Paid Members
On 5/1/2021 at 8:30 AM, mim731 said:

I guess this is one way to bring Jacob Fatu on board and keep him away from AEW. 

Fatu is in MLW because nobody can touch him currently. I think he's banned from certain countries and States because he's got a record as long as his arm. The talent this guy had, he'd have been snapped up ages ago. WWE and AEW would kill to have him. But he's a nutcase.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Just now, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Fatu is in MLW because nobody can touch him currently. I think he's banned from certain countries and States because he's got a record as long as his arm. The talent this guy had, he'd have been snapped up ages ago. WWE and AEW would kill to have him. But he's a nutcase.

Oh wow,  I had no idea! It did seem odd that he hadn't been scooped up by one of the big companies. Makes more sense now.