Would the Ultimate Warrior convince you not to smoke?

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

I saw this for the first time today.

I don't have a wider point to make but I need to discuss this 14 second public service announcement.

Was it effective? Are there kids out there that saw this and were persuaded never to try a cigarette? 

Why does Warrior start with an entire pack shoved in his mouth? What are the bad habits he has that help him survive? Why is he wearing his title belt during this?

Would modern WWE be improved by showing this at least once every half an hour during Raw?

How many times have you watched this today? 

I may have played it several more times than I needed to understand Warrior's message.

DON'T SMOKE

43 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Wasn't the cigar meant to symbolise a cock?

To quote Sigmund Freud "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" but then again, Old Siggy didn't take as many bumps as The Warrior did.

Edited by CL Punk
thought of a better joke.

6 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I saw this for the first time today.

I don't have a wider point to make but I need to discuss this 14 second public service announcement.

Was it effective? Are there kids out there that saw this and were persuaded never to try a cigarette? 

Why does Warrior start with an entire pack shoved in his mouth? What are the bad habits he has that help him survive? Why is he wearing his title belt during this?

Would modern WWE be improved by showing this at least once every half an hour during Raw?

How many times have you watched this today? 

I may have played it several more times than I needed to understand Warrior's message.

DON'T SMOKE

Was it effective? Yes, 100%. Scientific studies found there was no evidence of children who seen this PSA going on to smoke cigarettes.

Why does Warrior start with an entire pack shoved in his mouth? This is one of life's great mysteries.

What are the bad habits he has that help him survive? In Warriors home planet of Parts Unknown there are numerous bad habits that help people survive.

Why is he wearing his title belt during this? To look awesome.

Would modern WWE be improved by showing this at least once every half an hour during Raw? Yes. 

How many times have you watched this today? Fifteen 

Hellwig 3:16 "The Ultimate Warrior has a lot of bad habits, but only ones that help me survive. Don't deprive yourself of the full power, be a survivor don't smoke"

Edited by IronSheik

21 hours ago, mim731 said:

On a similar note, I always enjoyed the PSAs they got The Undertaker to do:

And my favourite, which is so incredibly weird. How long was he sitting behind her in the dark?

"There's no hope.

With dope."

Powerful stuff there from Taker.