King of the Hill

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

How has King of the Hill aged? 

I used to watch it when it first aired over here, but if I'm honest I didn't appreciate the quality at the time so it's a show I've never revisited. Is it worth a watch through with my late 30's (Cod)eyes?

King of the Hill is brilliant. I haven't seen the last few seasons, but I'm sure they're good as well. 

It's just so consistent and the characters are so well written. The jokes are a lot more subtle, but when they land they're as funny as anything else. 

I'd imagine the reason it didn't really catch on over here is because a lot of the humour is based on an understanding of a particular of the American south, as well as it being a bit more subtle/dry. 

The dynamic between the characters is pitched really well and they all have their moments, too. Genuinely can't think of an episode I don't like, because there's at least two or three funny moments in each. I used to stick the DVDs on to fall asleep to when I was at uni because there was a lovely familiarity about it. 

11 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

How has King of the Hill aged? 

I used to watch it when it first aired over here, but if I'm honest I didn't appreciate the quality at the time so it's a show I've never revisited. Is it worth a watch through with my late 30's (Cod)eyes?

Absolutely.

Theres always the chance that it ends up on Disney+ eventually as it was distributed by 20th Century Fox