King of the Hill

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It's one of my favourite shows ever. I honestly don't think I go a week, if that, without quoting it. 

Some highlights:
Hank chasing Bobby's teacher through the school, but having to just stop and shake his fist because the teacher runs through a door marked "No Exit". It just perfectly sums up Hank's character.

Hank arguing with Peggy over her inviting a friend to stay at the house, with Peggy saying that they wouldn't be having this conversation if it was about Boomhauer staying with them. Hank replies, "that's different, Boomhauer's a family friend. Besides, he's immaculate". 

Other Boomhauer highlights - the first time his dad is addressed as "Dr. Boomhauer", and when they're all working as security guards at the mall, he straps himself into some sort of centrifuge ride thing, and Hank stops him by saying, "Boomhauer! You've got one of those at home".

And, of course, Dale. His finest moments:

"I'm going to counter the snake's attempt to wrap itself around me by wrapping myself around it!"
"You're not sorry....and I'm not an admiral".

Some of my favourite lines in the whole series actually come from the same episode, when Bobby has learned about Thanksgiving from John Redcorn, so refuses to help Hank cut the turkey. He snaps at Hank about the stealing of native land, and Bill and Dale act like it's Hank specifically that's wronged Bobby, with (I think) Dale saying, "give him his land back, man". The same episode gives us one of the all-time great comedy lines - "this whole anti-Thanksgiving thing couldn't have come at a worse time".

• Paid Members

I love the episode where Khan first moves in and Hank wants rid of them. Hank sees Cotton roll up and smiles because he knows his ignorant, racist Dad despises Koreans and he'll run them off. Hank confidently introduces Cotton to Khan as Korean and Cotton immediately replies "He ain't Korean...he's Laotian" and warmly shakes Khan's hand.

• 2 months later...