RedRooster

• Paid Members

I still can’t fathom the referee going down to the ring for Undertaker vs. Brock not knowing that the Streak was ending. Originally the story was that he just counted the pin as a shoot when Taker didn’t kick out - chinny reckon - but now the revised history seems to be that Lesnar whispered to the ref just before the finish.

Even if they clued him in during the match though, imagine the fucking pressure? You’d be triple guessing yourself that you’d heard wrong or misunderstood. There’s no way I’m counting that three count without my head exploding.

Even for a company with a history of putting people in uncomfortable positions on live TV, I can’t believe they’d risk something going wrong by not letting the ref know ahead of time.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Jerry Jarrett was going to run Titan if Vince got jailed in 92/93.

There have been several accounts that it was the case with only Bruce Prichard, who has beef with him and is hardly unbiased, claiming the opposite.

You have to remember this was the early 90's not 2001, its not that far fetched an idea for me.

He was going to hold the fort in regards wrestling operations, not exactly 'run Titan.' Who else was there?

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I still can’t fathom the referee going down to the ring for Undertaker vs. Brock not knowing that the Streak was ending. Originally the story was that he just counted the pin as a shoot when Taker didn’t kick out - chinny reckon - but now the revised history seems to be that Lesnar whispered to ref just before the finish.

Even if they clued him in during the match though, imagine the fucking pressure? You’d be triple guessing yourself that you’d heard wrong or misunderstood. There’s no way I’m counting that three count without my head exploding.

Even for a company with a history of putting people in uncomfortable positions on live TV, I can’t believe they’d risk something going wrong by not letting the ref know ahead of time.

Absolutely agree. If that ref had called that on the fly, he’d never have been seen again. Maybe it’s The Sopranos rewatch talking, but Vince would’ve had the guy whacked if he called that as a shoot.

I can buy that they might have only decided the outcome on the day, but yeah, no way was that changed on the fly. That had a 21-1 graphic ready to go for Christ’s sake

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I still can’t fathom the referee going down to the ring for Undertaker vs. Brock not knowing that the Streak was ending. Originally the story was that he just counted the pin as a shoot when Taker didn’t kick out - chinny reckon - but now the revised history seems to be that Lesnar whispered to the ref just before the finish.

Do the refs not still have earpieces to get directions from backstage? Even if he didn't know beforehand, surely that's how he would have been told to count the three, not relying on hearing Brock whisper something just before he did it.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Absolutely agree. If that ref had called that on the fly, he’d never have been seen again. Maybe it’s The Sopranos rewatch talking, but Vince would’ve had the guy whacked if he called that as a shoot.

I can buy that they might have only decided the outcome on the day, but yeah, no way was that changed on the fly. That had a 21-1 graphic ready to go for Christ’s sake

It's absolute nonsense isn't it. I can't believe anybody believes they would leave something like that up in the air to the ref, on an episode of RAW fine, but not a sly chance with especially THAT match. Flimshaw.

32 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Do the refs not still have earpieces to get directions from backstage? Even if he didn't know beforehand, surely that's how he would have been told to count the three, not relying on hearing Brock whisper something just before he did it.

Yeah, that's what I think was most likely. They might not have told the ref in advance if they were hypersensitive to leaks, but once in the ring, I would expect very, very clear instructions over the ear piece. 

Edited by AVM

I seem to remember at a signing event in a nightclub in Coventry before the first TWC Showdown, CM Punk claimed that Heidenreich was meant to be repackaged as a defrosted Nazi, having been preserved via Cryogenics. 

That would have been all kinds of fun.

Edited by AVM