Grade A UKFF thread.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, mim731 said:

Is that the one with a cartoon Lex Luger piledriving someone on a trophy? Fond memories of that! 

I had that one too. Brilliant booking!

• Paid Members
On 1/8/2021 at 7:18 PM, garynysmon said:

Me too, why didn't they save that for a proper angle?! Didn't it involve Ron Simmons?

It did, yeah. IIRC the angle never got properly paid off in the comics as Luger got written out due to leaving WCW in real life, simply by doing an interview with Missy Hyatt & saying "with a tear in my eye, the Total Package leaves for greener pastures", slightly burying themselves in their own comic.

On a somewhat related note, I think they annual Butch was referring to is the 95 (96 maybe?) one with Hogan & Savage on the cover, which I got for Christmas from my aunt by mistake cos she thought it was the WWF one - I didn't mind. On the Stunning Steve Austin page, the subheading is "Tipped to be the biggest star!" They weren't wrong, but maybe not quite how they expected.

I still have both those annuals under the bed somewhere.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, PowerButchi said:

Did @Guy Bifkinever end up sending Loki "The Undertoker", strongest of the weed? 

Was sent to him by Royal Mail in the battery compartment of a talking Stone Cold Steve Austin doll. Much like your copy of Frampton Comes Alive, it never arrived (or came alive), presumably intercepted by the Feds or more likely I didn't pay enough postage on it or something. I seem to remember successfully sending a small consignment to King Coconut over in Germany though. That must be close to 20 years ago now. I'm not sure how Undertoker, a scwaggy bit of ratweed at best,  would stand up to today's mega strains.

• Paid Members

Imagine my surprise when I received a big bag of Malteasers through my door this morning. I thought my Amazon account had been hacked until I saw the caption on the address label and remembered a conversation I had with @Monkee last night. Also I'm now going to have to see how long I can make them last without making myself ill. One a day might have to suffice. 

• Paid Members

There was an old punk on here years ago, @wolfvinson I think. Once he sent me a bunch of rare crossover hard-core punk performances and interviews on DVDs he burnt himself. Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Angry Samoans, the Germs etc. It was awesome, really hard to find stuff at the time. I'm pretty sure he was the guy who posted a video of his band rehearsing and people slagged it off, this was ages ago.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Imagine my surprise when I received a big bag of Malteasers through my door this morning. I thought my Amazon account had been hacked until I saw the caption on the address label and remembered a conversation I had with @Monkee last night. Also I'm now going to have to see how long I can make them last without making myself ill. One a day might have to suffice. 

Everyone from the Good Au nominations deserves a treat 😊