Eggboxes?

gmoney

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The night before your paper bin gets collected, you could put them all out for collection, then retrieve them during the night and keep doing it. This way you will convince your neighbours that you eat a lot of eggs. You could even get a custom made “I REALLY LOVE EGGS” T-shirt made and wear it constantly to further embolden the charade. 

Every hour or so, open your window and shout, “Does anybody want an egg? I’ve got some eggs on”.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, King Coconut said:

They make great firelighters. I haven't used anything else to light a fire or barbecue in years. They're also great in compost, if that's the sort of thing you do. 

On top of the compost point they make good seed germination trays. You can then snip out the pods and burry them to avoid pricking out if you're a bit ham fisted and damage the shoots. 

We all know that egg boxes are renowned for having "sound proof" abilities, but are they smell proof? I only ask as the section of our house we laughably call the "utility room" - the bit between the kitchen and the garden, also home to the "coal shed" - is separated only by a single brick wall with our neighbors who seemingly every night deep fat fry their disgusting fucking food in the same fat they've had in the machine since the day they bought it. If I go to worry the washing machine when it's fry o'clock I start to heave and have to leave the washing in the machine overnight. The smell manages to work it's way into our kitchen within seconds of the door being open, it's bloody orrible. If egg boxes were to offer same protection against smells as they are sound then I may be interested in taking them off your hands in an attempt to fully clad the inside of the "utility room"

It would also have the bonus of not being able to hear them talk, or me feeling I need to sing about how much I hate myself and wish I was dead every time I empty the washing machine or tumble dryer (the utilities) which I for some reason feel I need to in case they're listening.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I've done absolutely fuck all with them.

In fact I've added about 4 more. I told my GF about the thread and that I'd be using suggestions from here to do something resourceful with them and she foolishly took me at my word, so I've not had any complaints in a while. 

• 4 weeks later...