Eggboxes?

gmoney

• Paid Members

I can see why you've asked that. I should give a bit of context; currently my desk has got my main monitor for my home computer, work laptop and second screen for the work laptop, with no room for another. Previously I was using the second screen for both the work laptop and the Pi, and pulling the cables out every day. With my new Eggbox setup I don't have to fuck about with the cables any more. I only need to glance occasionally at the Pi screen, because all I really use it for is downloading things and networking, so I am fine to have it perched on some eggboxes for now. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

Reading the UKFF on a pile of eggboxes stuck together with elastic bands is kind of the optimum viewing experience for what the forum offers, in a lot of ways.

Surely there's an arts-and-craft project to be done with egg boxes as a case for a raspberry pi, btw.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Surely there's an arts-and-craft project to be done with egg boxes as a case for a raspberry pi, btw.

Do the think the person responsible for the above is the man for the job? 

• Paid Members

It's clear who's to blame for this.

On 1/3/2021 at 2:36 PM, cogitoergozoomo said:

They make a decent stand for your phone/ipad for when your hands get tired. Not sure about the other 14 though.

• Paid Members

I decided to finally learn the rules of the old game of Mancala (well, one variant called Kalaha - I haven't learned the traditional Oware or Bao rules yet). It's a lot of fun, and has an incredibly simple setup using a "board" of twelve cups, and two end sections that are the players' "home" or "store". Made me immediately think "I could make my own set using eggboxes", and lo and behold: some joyful person on the internet has not only made one, but they've replaced the beads with jellybeans!

Traditional set:

61Fiy4HUA5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

More delicious set:

DIY-Egg-Carton-Mancala-Game.jpg

• Paid Members

Mancala is one of the games on the 51 Worldwide Games collection on the Switch and I got hooked on it. I'm not sure what ruleset it is, as it only ever refers to it as Mancala so I assume traditional. Lovely looking game, easy to learn, quick to play. The Jellybean version looks plenty fun.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Mancala is one of the games on the 51 Worldwide Games collection on the Switch and I got hooked on it. I'm not sure what ruleset it is, as it only ever refers to it as Mancala so I assume traditional. Lovely looking game, easy to learn, quick to play. The Jellybean version looks plenty fun.

I initially started with a basic app that only plays Kalaha - apparently it's a modern variant invented in the US in the 1940s. Apparently there are variants from all over the world - mostly Africa, but also parts of Asia and the Americas.

So all you need to do is grab a twelve-egg box, a load of jellybeans, your insulin, and a sheet of whichever rules you wish to play!

Edited by Carbomb