Members SuperBacon Posted August 19 Members Posted August 19 (Note: I rent a place that has a TV on the wall (freeview only) and use my own TV in the room for general watching) Every day at 8.20pm and 11pm the TV turns on in the front room where I live (assume programmed by whoever lived here before) and every day at 8.20 and 11 I get up, turn it off and make no effort to find out how to turn the prompt off or unplug the TV. I am a lazy idiot. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted August 21 Paid Members Posted August 21 Adverts mentioning “the group chat.” Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 21 Paid Members Posted August 21 5 hours ago, air_raid said: Adverts mentioning “the group chat.” I know. Which group chat? I'm in about 400. Regards, Mr Popular Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 28 Posted August 28 People have started posting about their first pumpkin thingys of the season from Starbucks and just no. Fuck off. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted August 28 Paid Members Posted August 28 42 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: People have started posting about their first pumpkin thingys of the season from Starbucks and just no. Fuck off. Fuckin' A. Starbucks don't tell us when autumn starts, the autumn tells us when it starts. Whenever I get that scent in the air, I know it's started, and it cheers me up no end. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 28 Posted August 28 I was in the Range earlier this week and not only did they have Halloween stuff out in the foyer but a section in store for Christmas trees and decorations. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 28 Paid Members Posted August 28 1 hour ago, davertfnewman said: I was in the Range earlier this week and not only did they have Halloween stuff out in the foyer but a section in store for Christmas trees and decorations. August has been the standard for supermarkets getting their Xmas stuff for as long I can remember, which I understand is annoying, but it amazes me when people think it gets earlier every year. Nope. About mid-August. Easter shit used come in on Boxing day in the Co-op I worked in. And the reason they do it, is because it sells. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 28 Paid Members Posted August 28 I was in Ryman's yesterday and they had their back to school stuff out despite the fact that it's 13 months until the new academic year starts. It's absolutely ridiculous. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted August 31 Paid Members Posted August 31 There’s a town in Michigan called Gaylord. The annoyance is that the locals pronounce it “Gaylurrd” to rhyme with nerd. Pure denial. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 People who take photos of themselves with their hands attached to their faces/heads. What's that about. Why? It just looks like the cameraman took it at the wrong point but you're clearly doing it deliberately AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted September 3 Paid Members Posted September 3 Is that a symptom of selfie culture? @DavidB6937 I still find it mind boggling that people can't actually use a phone as they have been designed. Some dafty was walking, in the road, along a dual carriageway. He had the base of his phone delicately held against the top of his head. How does that make it easier to have a phone conversation? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 36 minutes ago, BigJag said: Is that a symptom of selfie culture? @DavidB6937 I still find it mind boggling that people can't actually use a phone as they have been designed. Some dafty was walking, in the road, along a dual carriageway. He had the base of his phone delicately held against the top of his head. How does that make it easier to have a phone conversation? I imagine it's something to do with that but still fucking odd. Same as anyone calling a photo a selfie when someone else took it just because they're in it. Absolute idiots. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 3 Paid Members Posted September 3 51 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: People who take photos of themselves with their hands attached to their faces/heads. What's that about. Why? It just looks like the cameraman took it at the wrong point but you're clearly doing it deliberately AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. Have you got an example of this? I can't picture it. It sounds like Kevin McCallister in Home Alone. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 6 minutes ago, gmoney said: Have you got an example of this? I can't picture it. It sounds like Kevin McCallister in Home Alone. Sorry to whoever the random is that came up on Google when I tried to find something.. Like to me that just looks like shit photographer timing but it's deliberate?! Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 3 Paid Members Posted September 3 At a guess it would be to make it seem more candid. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.