Night of Champions happened

HarmonicGenerator

35 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Mania will be in Tampa next year I'd bet.

Reigns is an absolute beast as a heel, never needs to turn face just go against heels now and again 

I don't see what is going to be different by April next year from now.

I wouldn't expect a huge crowd wherever they do it.

That was really enjoyable. Similar to trying to watch football without crowds, some days it's depressing and some days I'm just thankful this daft shit is still around as an option. Today I was more than happy to see the Thunderdome as a bit of well meaning effort and not particularly care about the fake crowd noises, and the reward was an easy to digest, compact WWE PPV with something half decent going on in most of the matches. They do these 'PPVS' so much now that I might just stick to them going forward, watch them in full, and not even clip watch Raw or SmackDown. 

Reigns constantly going on about being a tribal chief and the head of the table was hilarious. It's mad that it took the crowds fucking off to get them to turn him. I wasn't expecting that. It's...it's a proper turn. Fake booing piped in! He's the man, though. I was going to share that same pic Supremo shared but he obviously beat me to it and there's a big predictable queue of us willing to turn for the handsome bastard. 

Was that main event a success? YES. Emotionally strong, beautifully sold, proper use of the in arena mics to add to the story, and Roman with his jubblies out (albeit with the same music and gear).

Lol at him nicking Cardona's finisher.

But then, was that main event a success? NO. Because there's no way I'm booing this handsome hard, take no prisoners, unapologetic machine. It's the "This is my yard now" Roman we've always wanted. 

• Paid Members

Leaving aside from the sheer fucking madness of finally turning THE chosen babyface star for the first time in nearly 20 years when there are no crowds, what do we think finally caused them to do it? Is it the ratings sinking so low that they're desperate for any buzz on Fox? Did Roman refusing to work during a pandemic cause Vince to fall out of love with him? What do you reckon?

54 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I don't see what is going to be different by April next year from now.

I wouldn't expect a huge crowd wherever they do it.

Superbowl in Feb will be in Tampa with a crowd. 

The state is planning more outdoor sports events in coming months.

Thunderdome runs out end of October and wwe looking for outside venue to have fans 

• Paid Members

I had a quick peek this morning just for the sheer WWF Smackdown Season Mode main event of Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso and regardless of how absolutely soulless the entire product is with it's piped in crowd noises and bored looking Facetime crowd, Roman Reigns looked an absolute star. I was engrossed at the ending and when Heyman put the wreath around his neck it was superb. I'm not going to be tuning back in any time soon, but glad to see Roman finally in the spot he should have been 5 years ago.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Superbowl in Feb will be in Tampa with a crowd. 

The state is planning more outdoor sports events in coming months.

Thunderdome runs out end of October and wwe looking for outside venue to have fans 

Outside venues in November sounds absolutely horrid and absolutely something WWE would do. 

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Leaving aside from the sheer fucking madness of finally turning THE chosen babyface star for the first time in nearly 20 years when there are no crowds, what do we think finally caused them to do it? Is it the ratings sinking so low that they're desperate for any buzz on Fox? Did Roman refusing to work during a pandemic cause Vince to fall out of love with him? What do you reckon?

Best time to do it. No crowds, no risk of the crowd cheering him. Only problem is, when the crowds DO go back. They'll have to turn him face again and i'll end up hating him again. 

Oh well.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It's probably a number of factors (such as them needing something big to push ratings and a potential Mania match with The Rock). Mainly, I'd put it down to them thinking "why not" because Roman turning heel won't hurt their attendance figures or live show merchandise. It's actually pretty smart of them because probably by the time they're allowing proper big crowds in again Roman will be a massive babyface.