Next gen & other gaming news

Merzbow

I don’t suppose anyone knows much about Amazon returns? I’ve managed to buy two fucking Series S one from Curry’s and one from Amazon Spain. I’d like to return the Spanish one but don’t fancy getting hit with a big fuck off returns charge. Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Also, as this is only vaguely next gen related where’s the questions thread?

On 11/11/2020 at 10:48 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I don’t suppose anyone knows much about Amazon returns? I’ve managed to buy two fucking Series S one from Curry’s and one from Amazon Spain. I’d like to return the Spanish one but don’t fancy getting hit with a big fuck off returns charge. Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Also, as this is only vaguely next gen related where’s the questions thread?

I negated this problem by selling one of the excess Xbox’s and making £50 in the process. I felt like a massive cunt, especially reading all the snotty messages from people who “Won’t pay £300 when it’s £250 in the shops” (fair enough) but I also felt like a cool black market smuggler. I basically began the next gen as Han Solo. Now to descend in to Jabba...

****DOUBLE POST WANKER ALERT!!!****

Apologies for being a clueless fuckwit. My Series S arrives today and as it was purchased from Amazon Spain I’m guessing I’ll just have to set it to UK region and have done with it? Will I be able to buy UK Live Gold and Gamepass without doing any VPN shenanigans? Obviously the plug will need swapping but the power output won’t blow it up or anything right? Would anyone like a Werther’s Original?

Gamer Dad out.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

****DOUBLE POST WANKER ALERT!!!****

Apologies for being a clueless fuckwit. My Series S arrives today and as it was purchased from Amazon Spain I’m guessing I’ll just have to set it to UK region and have done with it? Will I be able to buy UK Live Gold and Gamepass without doing any VPN shenanigans? Obviously the plug will need swapping but the power output won’t blow it up or anything right? Would anyone like a Werther’s Original?

Gamer Dad out.

If you’ve got two, can you not just leave the Spanish one boxed? Might be able to sell it for a little more if you can list it as un-opened.

I'd pre-ordered a PS5 for the child from Amazon, on the "track your order" thing it's gone through all the usual "arriving at depo" etc and was within fifteen miles of my house but then at 7.29 this morning -  Delay in delivery due to external factors -  it's been nicked hasn't it

Edited by Harry Wiseau

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

I'd pre-ordered a PD5 for the child from Amazon, on the "track your order" thing it's gone through all the usual "arriving at depo" etc and was within fifteen miles of my house but then at 7.29 this morning -  Delay in delivery due to external factors -  it's been nicked hasn't it

Man that sucks! Hope it’s just a blip and it arrives soon

Mine arrived around 11.30ish from DPD had to rush home from work to ensure someone was in, didnt want that being left in the outside Cupboard or put in the green Bin.

Straight back to work after though so wont be sorting it all out until this evening