Next gen & other gaming news

Another thing that muddies the next gen waters is the fact that it's pretty difficult to illustrate the generational leap via YouTube. Graphics aren't everything and you need a great TV set - I get it  - but 4k 60fps with ray tracing does look fucking incredible, and simply isn't possible on One/PS4 era systems.

If you look at the tech they're putting in these new systems versus their relative cost versus the fact that we're only seeing launch titles so far via lower quality videos then the whole thing starts to seem a bit more reasonable. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and Perfect Dark Zero were 360 launch titles. PS4 had Call of Duty: Ghosts, a Killzone, the sports games. It's always been cross generational shite right out of the gate for console launches the last few years. 

The whole S Vs. Series X argument's definitely an interesting one, and I'm not Digital Foundry, but from what I understand the  ~velocity architecture is made for this kind of stuff. It allows next gen games to be built and then suitably optimised depending on the system you're playing it on. 

It's just all over the place for awhile. Cyberpunk on Series X is a One game. It will look slightly better, but it's not the Series X full whack upgrade. That comes next year. Thankfully CJ Projekt are doing the upgrades for both Cyberpunk and Witcher for free if you've already bought them. That's pure class, in today's marketplace. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elgar Scrolls sounds like the posho answer to Guitar Hero. I bet Loki is working on it.

@Rule One Yeah, that sounds really broken. Mine’s been rock solid, icy cold and whisper quiet ever since I’ve got it. I’d say anything other than that is worth a return. My PS5 arrived yesterday

Buying a game on disc but having to download it all? Welcome to PC gaming 2010. Optical media is obsolete at this point, read speeds aren't fast enough to run this new gen's games and Blu-ray's c

13 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Yakuza 7 isn't out on PS5 till next year, something weird is going on there. I'm wondering if Sony are getting an actual upgraded version with extra work done to it.

Funnily enough they’ve just announced it’s coming to PS4 on November 10th and the PS5 on March 2nd

Dame Da Ne

Edited by TildeGuy~!
  • 1 month later...

I don’t suppose anyone knows much about Amazon returns? I’ve managed to buy two fucking Series S one from Curry’s and one from Amazon Spain. I’d like to return the Spanish one but don’t fancy getting hit with a big fuck off returns charge. Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Also, as this is only vaguely next gen related where’s the questions thread?

On 11/11/2020 at 10:48 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I don’t suppose anyone knows much about Amazon returns? I’ve managed to buy two fucking Series S one from Curry’s and one from Amazon Spain. I’d like to return the Spanish one but don’t fancy getting hit with a big fuck off returns charge. Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Also, as this is only vaguely next gen related where’s the questions thread?

I negated this problem by selling one of the excess Xbox’s and making £50 in the process. I felt like a massive cunt, especially reading all the snotty messages from people who “Won’t pay £300 when it’s £250 in the shops” (fair enough) but I also felt like a cool black market smuggler. I basically began the next gen as Han Solo. Now to descend in to Jabba...

****DOUBLE POST WANKER ALERT!!!****

Apologies for being a clueless fuckwit. My Series S arrives today and as it was purchased from Amazon Spain I’m guessing I’ll just have to set it to UK region and have done with it? Will I be able to buy UK Live Gold and Gamepass without doing any VPN shenanigans? Obviously the plug will need swapping but the power output won’t blow it up or anything right? Would anyone like a Werther’s Original?

Gamer Dad out.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

****DOUBLE POST WANKER ALERT!!!****

Apologies for being a clueless fuckwit. My Series S arrives today and as it was purchased from Amazon Spain I’m guessing I’ll just have to set it to UK region and have done with it? Will I be able to buy UK Live Gold and Gamepass without doing any VPN shenanigans? Obviously the plug will need swapping but the power output won’t blow it up or anything right? Would anyone like a Werther’s Original?

Gamer Dad out.

If you’ve got two, can you not just leave the Spanish one boxed? Might be able to sell it for a little more if you can list it as un-opened.

I'd pre-ordered a PS5 for the child from Amazon, on the "track your order" thing it's gone through all the usual "arriving at depo" etc and was within fifteen miles of my house but then at 7.29 this morning -  Delay in delivery due to external factors -  it's been nicked hasn't it

Edited by Harry Wiseau
  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

I'd pre-ordered a PD5 for the child from Amazon, on the "track your order" thing it's gone through all the usual "arriving at depo" etc and was within fifteen miles of my house but then at 7.29 this morning -  Delay in delivery due to external factors -  it's been nicked hasn't it

Man that sucks! Hope it’s just a blip and it arrives soon