Tyson vs Jones Jr

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Well, fair fucks to them, they fought. It probably went as well as it could have. Tyson looked a handful, Jones looked fucking knackered for most of it but turned some of his trademark stuff in the final two rounds, it was alright this.

The scoring was a bit of a joke, wonder if anyone who bet on either man got their money back because it was declared a draw? thats how Ladbrokes does it for MMA fights. Doubt it though, Draft Kings must have banked a ton here. 

Jake Paul though, that kid isnt playing:

it was actually pretty dangerous, the ref allowed Robinson to continue twice when he should have waved it off. Paul should just box pro proper now because he looks to have gone to  level beyond these novelty fights, he can crack.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

As best I can tell, the DraftKings betting was a glorious scam. The judging was purely for TV entertainment and had nothing to do with the outcome of the match. You were actually betting on the "result announced by the WBC" and under the terms of the sanctioning they weren't allowed to announce a winner, so it was guaranteed to be a draw.

You've now got a bunch of people who think they got scammed by corrupt judges (either the TV ones or some mysterious WBC people off-screen) making a shady decision when actually they were betting on outcomes that literally couldn't happen and what happened in the ring was completely irrelevant.

I enjoyed it. Thought Tyson looked great, and it ticked all the boxes I'd mentioned in my previous post. Well worth the money and a fun night had. 

I see Jake Paul has called out McGregor. Now, before everyone dismisses that, it would be a boxing match, not an MMA bout. I'm not entirely sure Conor wins that fight as easily as some think.

Am I evil for thinking it would be hilarious if McG got trashed and KO'd by a youTube star?

• Paid Members

Im not so sure either. Its easy to knock Jake Paul, but underneath the bullshit persona and silliness he's a stud athlete who seems dedicated and has the money and pull to have top people helping him. Paul would be bigger too. Id watch it.

• Paid Members

I don't know much about Jake Paul. Is he as much of a cock-end as his brother? Can't stand "personality" YouTubers in general, especially the more wankerish ones, but fair fucks to him if he's using that avenue to do something a bit more substantial.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. I think as long as you went in not expecting prime versions of Tyson and Jones, you’d have enjoyed it for what it was. For two men in their 50s, I thought it was alright. After the weigh ins on Friday night, I heard and read a fair bit of negativity because Tyson didn’t look as solid and ripped as in some of the pictures we’ve seen over the last few months. But they’re middle aged men. They were never going to be coming in with 8% body fat or whatever.

I ended up paying for this in the end, after umming and ahhing all week. And it feels weird for me to say this but for a show with a main event with a combined age of 105 years old, that went to a draw, and a co-main consisting of some YouTube div vs a basketball player...I’m happy enough. I’ve paid for more ‘legit’ fights in the past that felt more like a waste of money. Like most people I guess, I ordered it out of a mix of curiosity and nostalgia. A big part of me thought they were going to embarrass themselves out there. Tyson especially. I’ve seen mixed reactions to it but, myself, I didn’t feel sad when it ended. I thought Tyson looked really good for a 54 year old who’s been out of the game for 15 years. I sat up into the early hours for this with a big grin on my face throughout most of the main event.

Someone was having a laugh when they were appointing the referee as well, weren’t they? 

3-AAD04-CA-DF87-455-A-8-E5-F-245-A17-B4-

A fight like this would have to be reffed by a guy called Corona, wouldn’t it? Obvious really. 

So yeah, it was fun for what it was. Don’t particularly want to see it become a regular thing now but I wouldn’t have a massive problem with more of these type of legends fights within reason. Why not? 

Can’t say I’m arsed about Jake Paul at all. I don’t have an issue with it and I get that he’s an attraction. Cool. But it’s not for me. It was a sweet KO but against a basketball player. And the officiating was both abysmal and dangerous. Hopefully Robinson is alright. I would piss myself if Paul vs McGregor happened and Paul sparked him though. But I’m not sure Paul is much good at all or if he’s just being flattered by cack opposition.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I don't know much about Jake Paul. Is he as much of a cock-end as his brother? Can't stand "personality" YouTubers in general, especially the more wankerish ones, but fair fucks to him if he's using that avenue to do something a bit more substantial.

Couldnt really tell you, but all youtubers who appeal to teenagers/kids are loud and obnoxious. They are very easy to hate on.

The Paul's in boxing is easy to shit on too, but they genuinely seem to be taking it seriously so ive got time for it.