Tyson vs Jones Jr

Kaz Hayashi

So i can't believe what i'm just about to say but according to the post fight presser from today's ufc card.......The Tyson vs Jones Jr fight will have no knock outs.......no winner......no betting allowed........It is purely an exhibition fight.......I'm not a fan of boxing anyways but i was very interested in this fight until i heard that.......How the fuck will it end......and if there is no winner what's the fucking point??

• Paid Members

There’ll be a knockout or TKO surely. Even in an ‘exhibition’ there’s no way they can make sure to avoid that when punches start flying. It’s a shorter fight (think I read it’s 8x2 minute rounds) but between whatever’s left of Tyson’s power, whatever’s left of Jones’ speed and accuracy, and the faded durability of both men in their 50s, the chances of one of them getting clipped is pretty fucking high. 

• Paid Members

Yeah it’ll just be like early UFC/Pride where if it goes the distance it’s a ‘draw’. Even if one of them dominates.

The WBC will have 3 unofficial judges scoring the fight though. For some reason. Even though their decision won’t stand anyway.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

There’ll be a knockout or TKO surely. Even in an ‘exhibition’ there’s no way they can make sure to avoid that when punches start flying. It’s a shorter fight (think I read it’s 8x2 minute rounds) but between whatever’s left of Tyson’s power, whatever’s left of Jones’ speed and accuracy, and the faded durability of both men in their 50s, the chances of one of them getting clipped is pretty fucking high. 

The worry is though that they will literally have a bit of a tippy tap spar and not go for it. People seem to think even if there is an agreement once something lands the red mist will come down and punches will fly. Who knows? 

People are legit losing their shit over this fight, seemingly oblivious to the fact that it's nothing more than a fun glorified sparring session most likely. A chance to see two greats do their thing one last time.

I'm even seeing some "fans" claiming that a win for Tyson here should see him in the mix for a shot at AJ next. I honestly thought it was a joke, but apparently some are serious.

Why do they think this is a legit idea? Because Tyson "looks hard as fuck" in photos and videos of him training.

• Paid Members

Its crazy. Ive seen a lot of outrage this week at the rules announcement and that they are asking for PPV money for a glorified sparring match. Like thats just been sprung on them!?😄 anyone who paid any kind of attention from the start knew the deal.

I put that ignorance down to general scrolling culture. Probably saw a post on twitter/facebook thought 'wow, Tyson and Jones are fighting', then scrolled on down to the next thing without reading the small print.

Im looking forward to the reaction on Sunday morning as much as I am the fight.

Is anyone here actually paying for it? I am. £19.95 is the price. I'll be buying it and doing something I almost never do, which is actually stay up to watch it.

I was there at 5am in my living room the last time he fought against Kevin McBride. What a harrowing experience that was. I hope he can get some form of closure with this bout, knowing he's going into it in good shape both physically and mentally.

Edited by David