Best Guest Stars

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

@Devon MalcolmLiterally just watched that episode a couple of days ago. I knew who Jerry Seinfeld was but had never actually watched the sitcom, so blitzing through it on Prime Video at the moment. It’s such an easy watch.

Just rewatched it tonight. Every beat in that episode is perfect but PBH makes it even better. What a great actor.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

But you can nominate second bests.

For me, the second best guest star of all time was Ricky Gervais in The Simpsons.

All the rest are tied.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Both of you, stop getting The Simpsons wrong. Jesus Christ. The answer is clearly Albert Brooks as Hank Scorpio.

Read my post again. You may have missed the Heenan.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Read my post again. You may have missed the Heenan.

I'd taken it in context with the opening post, which suggested nominating the second best guest star. Thought you meant everyone else was tied for third, and was horrified at your weird Gervais love.

So, I could either back down and admit my misunderstanding or accuse you of back-pedaling like a coward. That's a tricky one. Almost as tricksy as you, you back-pedaling Gervais-lover.

• Paid Members

A genuine answer for me could be Justine Bateman in Arrested Development because it was wink-wink to the viewer without being too overtly “meta” as many of these kind of instances tend to be.

The worst guest star appearances ever, after a plethora of stars playing themselves or thinly-veiled homages in the aforementioned Simpsons, all belong to Friends. Self-indulgent “huge star enters, audience screams” crap. The Robin Williams/Billy Crystal cameo is widely touted as the worst, but at least it was brief. The Brad Pitt one is excruciating and that was the axis of an entire episode! “Pitts character hates Anistons even though they’re a couple in real life! Oh ROFL!” ... piss off.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

There seemed to be something familar about a heavyweight boxing champion who turned up in an episode of Murdoch Mysteries.

340?cb=20180729230433

And then I realised and struggled to parse how such a small wrestler is a relatively large person when compared to normal folk:

DRQ84osX0AA7W3B?format=jpg&name=small