7 minutes ago, gmoney said:

but the other main feller was superb. 

You mean sexiest man alive Jeremy Allen White?

6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I thought she was great in that but can't recall having seen her in much else. What else is she good in?

She's supposed to be great in Bottoms (haven't seen it yet) and the only other thing I've seen her in is an I Think You Should Leave sketch (VR Shopping Spree one from series 3)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I thought she was great in that but can't recall having seen her in much else. What else is she good in?

She was great in Theatre Camp, but not sure if that will be your jam unless a Christopher Guest style mockumentary set at a kids camp for theatre kids sounds interesting. 

• Paid Members

I've been making more of an effort to keep up with TV shows this year and have been keeping track of what I've watched. These are the 2023 shows I've watched;

Happy Valley (Series 1-3) - Incredible piece of work. All the plaudits will rightly go to Sarah Lancashire but Siobhan Finneran is terrific. The last series wrapped some things up too neatly and left some strange threads unresolved but overall it was brilliant.

The Last Of Us - Another fantastic show. The Bill and Frank episode has been hailed as a masterpiece but I also thought the last two episodes were of a similar quality. Absolutely perfect ending too.

Lockwood & Co - It was perfectly fine in that Doctor Who-esque Saturday teatime way. Nothing special but decent enough. Picked up as it went on so shame it got cancelled.

Secret Invasion - Started off promising then got gradually shitter. Last few episodes were bottom-tier MCU. Wank.

The Mandalorian (Season 3) - Typical Disney+ Star Wars show that is fun enough but takes forever to get where it's going. Enjoyed the focus on Bo-Katan more this season but it's still essentially 'Mando does side quests then fights Giancarlo Esposito' and they really need to change the formula up next season to stop it getting stale.

Ahsoka - Boring. These shows take so long to get to the point. Can confirm Mary Elizabeth Winstead still incredibly hot in green alien makeup. 

It's Always Sunny (Season 16?!) - They're miles away from the glory years by this point but every episode still raises a few laughs. The high point is the Dennis mental health episode. The low point is the Bryan Cranston episode which is one of the worst they've done.

The Bear (Season 1-2) - Honestly, the first season was a bit of a letdown after all the hype. It was good, but it didn't blow me away and at times it felt like it was a bit too much in love with itself. The second season was incredible though. Seven Fishes and the finale were both stand-outs but I absolutely loved the Ritchie and Marcus episodes. 'Forks' is probably my favourite episode of any TV show this year, Ebon Moss-Bachrach broke my heart.

Hijack - Just a good edge of the seat thriller, really enjoyed this. Let down by a terrible last ten minutes but still, I had a lot of fun with it. 

Loki (Season 2) - Not a patch on the first season. A poor year for the MCU TV-wise.

Only Murders In The Building (Season 1-3) - I unashamedly love this. While each season follows the same pattern and seems to lag in the middle before picking up and ending strong, the third season may be the best yet. Steve Martin and Selena Gomez both great but Martin Short is the MVP, he's a treasure. The 'Pickwick Triplets' song has been stuck in my head for weeks.

You (Seasons 1-4) - Not sure how I've managed 4 seasons of this. It's shit but addictively so. Features the worst characters making the most stupid decisions, terrible dialogue and one of the all-time worst voiceover jobs but I still watched it all. The plot goes into 'oh, fuck off!' territory during season 4. I'll definitely watch season 5.

Currently making my way through Ted Lasso, Succession and rewatching Barry too. There's just too much TV though isn't there?

3 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

There's just too much TV though isn't there?

I was saying this to a friend at work yesterday. There are so many things I'd love to watch but too many different services and too much to remember. It used to be easy. I'd just set things to record on the box and then I'd watch them. I wouldn't have to remember where they were or what time.

Now there's some stuff on TV. Or Netflix or Amazon or Disney or Apple or Paramount or.. yeah you get the idea. And some of them are weekly. Others drop whole seasons. It's all over the bloody place. And I just find myself jumping from one thing to the next, often forgetting to finish some shows or not keeping up with when the next episode is.

And it's a shame because a lot of the stuff being made is really top quality. But there's SO FUCKING MUCH. I'm not sure we even get the chance to digest and reflect properly and truly appreciate most of it before we've moved on to the next thing.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Hijack - Just a good edge of the seat thriller, really enjoyed this. Let down by a terrible last ten minutes but still, I had a lot of fun with it. 

I'm watching this right now, it's a good quality thriller. Neil Maskell is superb in it, that guy's really good.

33 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

It's Always Sunny (Season 16?!) - They're miles away from the glory years by this point but every episode still raises a few laughs. The high point is the Dennis mental health episode. The low point is the Bryan Cranston episode which is one of the worst they've done.

Glenn Howerton has always been the best actor in the show, but he excels himself in that episode.

Dennis ordering bubble tea floored me.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Glenn Howerton has always been the best actor in the show, but he excels himself in that episode.

He was also brilliant in BlackBerry, that I just watched today. One of the best performances I've seen this year.

• Paid Members

I'll probably make It's Always Sunny my next sitcom watch after I've had enough of The Office. I tried it a bunch of years ago but couldn't get past the first couple of episodes but I've got more patience now for stuff to get going.

I'm on Steve Carell's last series of The Office and I'll probably bin it after he goes unless I'm missing anything major with it?

Still watching People Just Do Nothing.

Spoiler

If Grindah doesn't want to marry Miche then I bloody well will.

Also still watching Hill St Blues, which is one of the greatest TV series of all time, without question. Every single episode is a blinder. About 20 years ahead of its time in so many ways.

43 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Now there's some stuff on TV. Or Netflix or Amazon or Disney or Apple or Paramount or.. yeah you get the idea. And some of them are weekly. Others drop whole seasons. It's all over the bloody place. And I just find myself jumping from one thing to the next, often forgetting to finish some shows or not keeping up with when the next episode is..

I particularly find this is an issue for me when it comes to follow up seasons of shows I've really enjoyed - I either miss that it's come out completely or add it to the list and then it gets forgotten about, or worse watch two episodes, lose momentum and forget about it completely.

54 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Only Murders In The Building (Season 1-3) - I unashamedly love this. While each season follows the same pattern and seems to lag in the middle before picking up and ending strong, the third season may be the best yet. Steve Martin and Selena Gomez both great but Martin Short is the MVP, he's a treasure. The 'Pickwick Triplets' song has been stuck in my head for weeks.

It really is such a great show, though as the seasons go on, I struggle to see how they can keep it from getting too samey. Saying that, I loved this season and 'Pickwick Triplets' was indeed a banger, Steve Martin did a great job. Jesse Williams is possibly the most attractive man on the planet so that was also a massive plus for me, I hope he comes back next season.

• Paid Members
Just now, deathrey said:

I particularly find this is an issue for me when it comes to follow up seasons of shows I've really enjoyed - I either miss that it's come out completely or add it to the list and then it gets forgotten about, or worse watch two episodes, lose momentum and forget about it completely.

I'm very bad at this. There's too much TV. In the New Year I wanted to start some new stuff but now there's new series of Only Murders in the Building and Vigil. The reason we're in a golden era of TV is because there's fucking tons of it and there's bound to be plenty that's really good.

Not sure if anybody’s seen the 007: Road To A Million, on Amazon Prime, but give it a go, especially if you’re a fan of the Bond films.

It’s a challenge/around the world quiz game, and there’s literally no expense spared.

A really easy watch, with lots of not so subtle Easter egg fans for those fans of the films watching.