Only Murders In The Building

Blitzed through the first two series in two days and have had a fantastic time.

Second series suffers by having Amy Schumer, Cara Delevingne and Michael bloody Rappaport in it, but it's still bloody great.

Also am now convinced that Selena Gomez is the most beautiful person that has ever lived. I read somewhere that she considers her only friend in the world to be Taylor Swift.

Selena, I will be your mate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just finished The Righteous Gemstones season 2, and I thought it had  a massive drop in quality from the first. It got a bit too ridiculous, which made it a frustrating watch. I really enjoyed the first season though…with that in mind, what’s the consensus on the third season? Does it get back on track?

8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I’ve just finished The Righteous Gemstones season 2, and I thought it had  a massive drop in quality from the first. It got a bit too ridiculous, which made it a frustrating watch. I really enjoyed the first season though…with that in mind, what’s the consensus on the third season? Does it get back on track?

it's pretty silly, but probably not to the same extent as series 2. It has a great ending though.

I loved series 1, didn't think series 2 was as good but still liked it and have only recently started watching series 3, I've got about 2 episodes left and have really enjoyed it. There are some new characted which I think were a good addition and helped freshen things up a bit.

• Paid Members

I really enjoy Only Murders In The Building, but often in spite of itself. For every really clever episode or set-piece, there's something that doesn't land at all, yet it usually gets the balance just right enough to still be charming. This series has been a bit all over the place compared to the previous two, and I have my ideas about who the killer turns out to be that I don't think will be particularly narratively satisfying, but we'll see how it turns out. Martin Short is delightful, though, and I like that the current series has given him a bit more to work with. 

I have had "Which Of The Pickwick Triplets Did It?" stuck in my head for weeks now.

27 minutes ago, Factotum said:

It nearly made me stop watching.

I'll be honest, she wasn't as dreadful as I've previously seen her, bloody Rapaport popping up was worse.

I think Cara Delevingne is quite a charming, charismatic person so that almost pulls her through in her performance. Obviously I think she's incredibly fit so that does help.

Agree with @BomberPat I don't think this series has been anywhere near as good as the first two, but the show and the leads are so bloody charming that even at a medium score it's still better than most shows.

Also, Selena in that latest episode in the 

Spoiler

Wedding dress

BONK! 

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Watched the first two episodes of Top Boy on Netflix but now I’m worried that Netflix doesn’t start at the beginning. Have I joined halfway through or something?

Yes pussio!!! You fassy etc.

You need to watch the series BEFORE the Netflix ones.

So that's Top Boy Summerhouse. THEN the Netflix ones.

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yes pussio!!! You fassy etc.

You need to watch the series BEFORE the Netflix ones.

So that's Top Boy Summerhouse. THEN the Netflix ones.

Summerhouse is on Netflix, so watch that then go back to Top Boy? Is that right? Didn’t know it was a Netflix show to be honest. 

• Moderators

I watched them the other way around because Netflix made it confusing (except for the most recent one that I've not seen yet). It was fine that way around as well. The netflix ones are much better anyway. 

The original series does some great world building and just as it's getting going it ends. It doesn't really feel like much happens, and not in a good 'character piece' kind of way. 

I guess what I'm saying is that Netflix was right to bury the first series. 

Also the score of the original series is very irritating. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell