The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

54 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Unless they introduce a rule where the third hour is edgy, and they tell the parents to put the kids to bed or something daft, So they can have their cake and eat it too.

They did this already, at least a half baked attempt when they launched the 24/7 title. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

They sold plenty of toys during the Attitude era!

Absolutely. But they also had plenty of WWE programming which was more family friendly like Heat, Velocity and the recap shows which cut all the controversial bits out. It's actually that which got Channel 4 in trouble because what was on Heat wasn't the same as Mae Youngs tits or the Street Fight they showed later at the Royal Rumble.

36 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

It seems like Odyssey Jones has quietly left the company (link to Inside the Ropes) - this is a bit of a strange one, very odd circumstances. 

AEW will sign him so Excalibur can exclaim 'Odyssey Jones Jones'

20 minutes ago, simonworden said:

They did this already, at least a half baked attempt when they launched the 24/7 title. 

Oh god yeah, when they turned the lights off and on again, To REALLY sell it, Right ? 2019 was such a fucking shit year.

• Paid Members

I don't think the presence of WWE action figures in the toy aisles is evidence that WWE is chiefly marketing towards kids - not only were there plenty of WWF toys available when the WWF was far more overtly "adult-oriented" (though, I would argue, in reality far more childish), far more toys are sold to adults these days than ever before. Action figures are marketed for collectors now, far more than they are to kids. Kids aren't rushing to Smyths begging their parents to buy them the exclusive Hulk Hogan triple-pack, or nWo Curt Hennig. 

I don't think much will change really

Since Vince left and HHH took over we've seen a slight increase in edgy content and risqué innuendos but that's as far as I think they'll go with pushing the boundaries to much.

For me they've pretty much found the sweet spot between edgy and family friendly at the moment, ie they are still pretty much a PG show on the whole but lie much closer to the Tv-14 side then they do the U side

Ultimately as alluded to a few posts above what do WWE gain from going full on Tv-14 and above?

Is there really millions of wrestling fans just stubbornly not watching because it's so called Family Friendly and are just waiting to board the "edgy" train come January.

I very much doubt it

those fans who did turn off around late 00s into the 10s have likely found what they wanted in AEW and anyone else has long since stopped caring about wrestling to even give it a second thought.

The little gain would be offset but big losses in the family demo which is where the big money sponsorship and TV/Movie tie ins come in.

I think they’ll use the extra freedom to push the boundaries as and when they see fit but they certainly won’t be alienating any profitable markets. The way I see it is that they’re making more money than ever so won’t be looking to jeopardise that in any meaningful way.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Kids aren't rushing to Smyths begging their parents to buy them the exclusive Hulk Hogan triple-pack, or nWo Curt Hennig. 

Well you clearly don’t know my kids

My daughter can’t stand it so she tuts if I walk down the action figure aisle.

3 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

It seems like Odyssey Jones has quietly left the company (link to Inside the Ropes) - this is a bit of a strange one, very odd circumstances. 

Something has to have happened here, surely?
Sat on the side-lines for well over a year after having been drafted in 2023, finally debuts, looks like he is going to get a strong push and then...gone.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Something has to have happened here, surely?
Sat on the side-lines for well over a year after having been drafted in 2023, finally debuts, looks like he is going to get a strong push and then...gone.

Meltzer is saying rumours are abound, but he can't get confirmation so won't say more. Not to cast any aspersions on Jones, it could be any number of things, but if Meltzer is being cautious, I'd wager it's not a good news story. 

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Meltzer is saying rumours are abound, but he can't get confirmation so won't say more. Not to cast any aspersions on Jones, it could be any number of things, but if Meltzer is being cautious, I'd wager it's not a good news story. 

Domestic violence is being reported now.

The Punk/Mcintyre feud is dead for us, and it's ridiculous how much focus is on the bracelet. However, when Punk got the bracelet back on Saturday and when Mcintyre ripped the beads off this week, the crowd reaction was loud, the event going fans are fully invested in it, and as above the kids are too. 

It's not for me Jeff, but it's clearly getting over with the majority.