The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I can. Karrion Kross v anyone.

While he's absolutely dreadful, I honestly think I'd be more excited about Kross vs. Rhodes at Wrestlemania than I would be Orton vs. Rhodes. Which is to say, I wouldn't be excited about it in any way, shape or form, but I would definitely dread it less. Orton/Rhodes would be the Edge/Balor of 2024 - an unnecessarily long bore, whereas a match would Kross would at least be over relatively quickly. 

Is Rollins off Mania then? Seems like a good opportunity to vacate the world belt and put It up at Mania have Cody go "Oh go on then" win it and then take on Punk (far more enticing than Orton and i can see Punk as already being promised night 1) while the Rock finds other ways into the match with Roman. 

3 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Is Rollins off Mania then? Seems like a good opportunity to vacate the world belt and put It up at Mania have Cody go "Oh go on then" win it and then take on Punk (far more enticing than Orton and i can see Punk as already being promised night 1) while the Rock finds other ways into the match with Roman. 

Initial reports seem to suggest he's gone for an MRI but likely to be ok.

• Paid Members

H³ obviously thinks that Kross has something Redders. They've kept him with whatever her name is, they've given him goons, they've given him Ellering. He's getting pushed. Kross wouldn't get a short match at Mania after that amount of effort, no matter how much I wish it. We are going to get The Kross Gang v Lashley and the Street Profits in various dull combinations for a while, its leading to something. 

Kross is going to squash Lesnar at Wrestlemania leading to LA Knight v Cross for the belt at Summerslam, and you're all going to have to learn to live with it.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Loki said:

Kross is going to squash Lesnar at Wrestlemania leading to LA Knight v Cross for the belt at Summerslam, and you're all going to have to learn to live with it.

D-Mal is going to get himself an XL Bully dog just so he can make it bite you. 

• Paid Members

Just hold it up and have Roman win it. One bloke walking around with three belts and being THE CHAMPION like he's a late 90s All Japan final boss actually would make more sense than two shows, two champions but three belts.

Let Roman walk around with three belts making him look the biggest deal of all time (which by basic maths, he will be)* and then have him lose to Cody, making him instantly the biggest deal of all time, +1. Then you let Cody walk around with whichever of the two older belts he likes the most and have a tournament, reverse battle royal, Pinata on a pole match or whatever you need to in order to crown the next holder of the Seth Rollins "I Couldn't Beat Reigns Either" Consolation Championship. Which probably will get drafted to SmackDown in the next Superstar Draft Shakeup Lottery.

* No, the J Crown doesn't count.

On 1/16/2024 at 1:21 PM, air_raid said:

Ripley vs Lynch may seem too obvious, but I still think they'll do it anyway. And if I get my way, Bayley/Bianca/Banks vs Damage CTRL. LOL.

I'm picking Jade Cargill for the Rumble win. I reckon the initial plan was Rhea v Becky and Jade v Charlotte. Both scream 'big time' to me.
Sadly, now Charlotte's out I don't know who they would put Jade with if indeed she did win. Maybe a 3 way v Rhea v Becky?

I'm actually pretty excited for the Rumble and it will be the first WWE show I watch spoiler free for about 3 or 4 years. I genuinely don't know who will win either Rumble and with the contract status of a few people still up in the air I reckon we are in for a really strong show and some cool surprises too.

I don't blame WWE this week for putting on a place-holder show. It was apparently going to struggle vs American football anyway.

• Paid Members

I don't know how much Jade Cargill has improved at the PC but putting her in a high profile singles/3 way at Mania seems ambitious based on her previous skill level. She looked a million dollars but she wrestled like a million Iranian Rials. They might get away with hiding her limitations in the Rumble, give her a strong showing. I don't know who could carry her to a good singles, but as good as Rhea is her match with Ivy Nile from the other week wasn't the smoothest and IN was better than JC. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'm picking Jade Cargill for the Rumble win.

Christ, that's bold. Banking a high profile Mania match on an unproven commodity.

The SmackDown title picture needs Damage CTRL to properly implode before they fix their Mania match, so I can't look past Becky winning it again. Sometimes the obvious story is still the right one to tell, and Ripley vs Lynch is the biggest match they have.

• Paid Members

no chance Jade is winning - I expect she'll be in the Rumble, but I'm not even convinced it will be a full-time debut so much as a "remember we signed her?" cameo, for a full-blown "debut" after 'Mania.

3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'm picking Jade Cargill for the Rumble win. I reckon the initial plan was Rhea v Becky and Jade v Charlotte. Both scream 'big time' to me.
Sadly, now Charlotte's out I don't know who they would put Jade with if indeed she did win. Maybe a 3 way v Rhea v Becky?

Rhea/Becky seems nailed on, and I'd also imagine we'll get Iyo/Bayley on the Smackdown side (unless they've signed Sasha/Mercedes back and want to go with Damage CTRL vs. Bayley, Sasha and Naomi) 

While I don't think Jade winning the Rumble is as unlikely as others do, I'm not sure who you would have her wrestle if she actually did. I suppose you could do Jade/Bianca, but it would probably feel a bit rushed, given how little time there is between now and 'Mania. I think a debut on the Raw or Smackdown following 'Mania is more likely, assuming they feel she's ready. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Cody's kinda fooked if he doesn't win at Mania, surely? He may as well go back to AEW and win the title there if he doesn't win it at Mania.

Because the loss last year has badly affected the support he's getting, hasn't it.