The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Michael Cole’s ‘UH OH’ when Seth Rollins music hits was hilarious, like he’d speculatively looked in his kids nappy and actually found a turd.

Seth Rollins nearly did something good, but his delivery was still rubbish, his mannerisms were still annoying and his jutting about still made me want to lob him off a bridge.

CM Punk speaking about himself in the third person wasn’t ideal.

I was surprised how much bigger Rollins was than Punk, that was the big thing I noticed.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Do we think that the insincerity whenever Punk says "I love you guys" is deliberate?  It's hard to tell whether this is a very clever beginning of his eventual position as a heel, or whether it's just his natural character coming through.  It's intriguing though, I'm very much sports entertained.

So yeah, either a great promo by Rollins, or the worst promo ever depending on your opinion of the original version that Cowboy Hangman did.  If a feud with Punk results in a slightly more serious Rollins, that's a definite plus.

As much as I would love to see another Austin match, I'm of the same opinon as @RedRooster - that Owens/Austin match was unexpectedly brilliant, a genuine rush and a perfect coda to a great career.  And Owens is a super safe, character wrestler who just wanted to make Austin look good.  I think a Punk/Austin match could go wrong.

It absolutely would be the main event though - there's no bigger match out there.  Going on after Austin at this point would be like going on after Hogan-Rock at WM18.

Edit: Bob Orton flashback.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I reckon @Devon Malcolm is the last person left actually happy he’s got that briefcase. Even Priest’s mum bought a CM Punk t-shirt, I heard.

Starting to harbour hopes he'll cash in on Gunther because I just have to see that match, one way or another.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I think a Punk/Austin match could go wrong.

I can't see how it'll be good at all to be honest. Austin throwing haymakers and mudhole stomping a cowardly heel was the perfect encapsulation of Stone Cold as a final farewell. An actual genuine match...I can't imagine how they could pull off something properly decent. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I can't see how it'll be good at all to be honest. Austin throwing haymakers and mudhole stomping a cowardly heel was the perfect encapsulation of Stone Cold as a final farewell. An actual genuine match...I can't imagine how they could pull off something properly decent. 

At least, not the kind Punk would have with him. If he had nothing more strenuous to sell for than a Randy Orton chinlock, maybe.

Which makes all the Austin vs Lesnar scuttlebutt I alluded to earlier seem even more ridiculous in hindsight, doesn't it?

• Paid Members

Punk Vs Austin 

Spoiler

Theory

Could absolutely take place at Wrestlemania.

I think the lighting at Survivor Series was a big part of how he looked younger as well. The grey hairs didn't show up anywhere near as much as it does under the regular lights. 

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Punk Vs Austin 

Hide contents

Theory

Could absolutely take place at Wrestlemania.

I think the lighting at Survivor Series was a big part of how he looked younger as well. The grey hairs didn't show up anywhere near as much as it does under the regular lights. 

It’s the eyes. The minute he signs to a wrestling company he must be up all night tossing and turning, grappling with how he’ll go another 24 hours without clumping someone.

In all seriousness, I’m glad we’re at the races now and he’s got something to sink his teeth into. Though, I’m immediately more interested in what they’re going to do with Brock Lesnar. Gunther, maybe?

• Paid Members

Maybe it's the travel that takes it out of him? 

Gunther Vs Lesnar could be a heck of a match. Big meaty men slapping meat indeed. 

• Paid Members

A couple of unorganised general Raw thoughts from someone who doesn't watch often but keeps up with the results.

Are we sure it's a great storyline for one of your top baby faces and your top heel to say that Punk is a cancer and will ruin backstage. It's just a weird vibe to build around him.

I liked Seth Rollins promo,.but I liked it more when Hangman did it. Everything about Seth's presentation is awful. He's like when you make a serious CAW and your mate gets drunk and decides to make him look as stupid as possible.

Fascinated at the idea of Punk winning the rumble and chasing the runners.up world title at the main event of night one of a buy one get one free. What a world we live in. Promo was good though. He even came off legitimately angry at Seth's promo too. 

The Miz as a mystery baby-face partner in 2023? Awful.

Jey Uso feels like a guy waiting for his injured tag partner to get back. He does absolutely nothing for me away from the bloodline.

I didn't like a lot of the show, in total, but I will say that Drew McIntyre is the absolute man. So fantastic. I assume he's signing a new deal but if he hasn't yet they should do what they can to make sure he does.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Though, I’m immediately more interested in what they’re going to do with Brock Lesnar. Gunther, maybe?

They had the interaction at the Rumble so there's *something* to build on. I don't know, though. They're not gonna give the IC title to Lesnar so Gunther would have to lose that somewhere between now and then, and who would that be to? Jey Uso? Can't thnk of a ready made challenger aside from him.