The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I admire the fact they've tried with Judgement Day but its just not working for me. All 3 feel incredibly miscast. I think they all have upsides and something to offer but I'm just not feeling it at all.

I totally agree. It's failing to land in the same way that the Dark Order did pre-Brodie Lee. I'm not saying they should turn them into goofy losers, but they're three talented people who would benefit from a change in approach. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Riddle can't be a hard man. He's too laid back.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Some of the toughest fighters ever have been placid, relaxed, charming people until the bell rings.

14 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The two are not mutually exclusive. Some of the toughest fighters ever have been placid, relaxed, charming people until the bell rings.

Yeah fair. I just think he's putting on the hard man act. Doesn't feel genuine to me. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It works for me. He's like the punk skater someone takes  a swing at and lives to regret it, here:

I actually would have preferred him to laugh it off because he doesn't really need to talk a big game about smashing someone's face in, he just knows he can/will.

22 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Yeah fair. I just think he's putting on the hard man act. Doesn't feel genuine to me. 

Now I've seen it, I get what you mean. It's not the "being hard" thats the problem, its the fake temper losing. Matt Riddle being himself is great, but that wasn't it.

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I actually would have preferred him to laugh it off because he doesn't really need to talk a big game about smashing someone's face in, he just knows he can/will.

Now I've seen it, I get what you mean. It's not the "being hard" thats the problem, its the fake temper losing. Matt Riddle being himself is great, but that wasn't it.

Yeah, this. Riddle is a legit shooter. Why is he having a tantrum because Riddle brought up that his mrs hates him? Just break his arm, Matt, ffs.

10 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I admire the fact they've tried with Judgement Day but its just not working for me. All 3 feel incredibly miscast. I think they all have upsides and something to offer but I'm just not feeling it at all.

Bizarrely, I think they’d be okay if Edge was still hanging about with them but they turfed him out first chance they got.

7 hours ago, FUM said:

Bizarrely, I think they’d be okay if Edge was still hanging about with them but they turfed him out first chance they got.

This is exactly right.

Judgment Day currently has zero purpose and fewer stars. It’s just.. there. Damian Priest dressed like a 45 year old goth lady on a hen do, Finn Balor looking like the best footballer on the school team who doesn’t like goths and Rhea with a her silly hair. They don’t look right, they don’t sound right and they have absolutely no reason to be a group, have no collective aims. It’s pointless.

Judgment Day wasn’t great WITH Edge, but at least it made sense that a legend with a history of gothery would retreat into nostalgia when he felt like his career was stalling. And it would make sense, if he felt the roster at large was disrespecting him, that he’d want followers to help him lash out at a company and locker room that won’t recognise how amazing he is. Fine. Tick. Get all of that.

The minute they removed Edge, it was obvious they were fucked.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Yeah to me Judgement Day were exciting at first, like a modern day take on the Brood/Ministry, but then they dumped Edge (which was because of Cody's injury wasn't it?) and since then they have really just gone 'meh'. I think the problem is Finn Balor, he isn't big enough of a star to be a leader of a faction.

Balor is in such a weird place; he's to popular for nxt but not popular enough for main roster, he feels like he sort of has the mentality of "Well i won the world title (for one day) so i'm now going to rest on my laurels"

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Balor is in such a weird place; he's to popular for nxt but not popular enough for main roster, he feels like he sort of has the mentality of "Well i won the world title (for one day) so i'm now going to rest on my laurels"

On what do you base that?

Yeah, I’m not so sure it’s Balor’s mentality as opposed to his actual talent. He is massively overrated by a section of the audience and I’m not meaning that in a way to say he’s shite, I do like him, but he’s not on the level some project him. There isn’t really much of an interest in him because once you’ve seen The Demon then plain old Finn is a bore but then you can’t overdo the demon because that becomes a bore. It’s a catch 22 in that the most interesting thing about him is when he isn’t Finn Balor but if he’s not Finn Balor all the time then The Demon becomes less interesting.

When the history book is written on Balor, I don't think he ever recovered from getting that injury right after winning the universal championship at SummerSlam in 2016. It looked like they were strapping the rocket to him there at the start of the brand split, but what happened cast him into the mid card for life. 

I'm not sure he's particularly bothered by that. I get Nakamura vibes from him. On top for ages in the places he actually cared about, now travelling the globe making nice money without leaving second gear. He's over enough that regardless of where he's placed on the card, his merch will do decent and kids who follow the product will know his face. Easy living.