Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted April 5 Author Awards Moderator Posted April 5 (edited) Film 4 gave us Heat tonight. It’s so, so good, isn’t it? Still think it could be half an hour shorter but the dynamic between Pacino and De Niro is untouchable, even if they barely share a scene. It’s also got the most incredible cast - even the minor roles are filled by major actors - and that last scene is perfect. Tom Sizemore is psychopathically brilliant in every scene he’s in and apart from Top Gun, it’s Val Kilmer’s best turn. I always forget David Palmer is in it, too. If you didn’t know who directed it and watched it blind, you’d immediately know it was Michael Mann. I still think Collateral is better. Edited April 5 by Frankie Crisp Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 5 Paid Members Posted April 5 On 3/31/2026 at 11:13 AM, Merzbow said: Watched both Hard Boiled and The Killer in the cinema, I feel like a robbed the place only being charged £4 a go. May just be the best thing Arrow have ever done, restoring these perfect films and they've got Bullet in the Head coming in the next few months too. Didn't know they were doing that 🙁 I'm tempted to pick up the new Arrow Blu-Ray. I'm pretty much out of the physical media game but I really wanna see those. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 5 Members Posted April 5 6 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said: Film 4 gave us Heat tonight I think I've said it before (not like me to repeat myself) but for me Clive, Heat feels like very much a film to be watched on a Sunday. No reason or much thought behind this for me, just feels like a film for that day of the week. What a boring little man. Love it though, one of my all time favourites. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 5 Paid Members Posted April 5 Nirvanna The Band The Show The Movie Low-budget comedy time travel mockumentary based on a web series and TV show of the same name. I’d never heard of them before, with this only being recommended to me because of how much I love Back to the Future, but you can definitely go in blind and still fall in love with it. Two loser musicians, having spent decades unsuccessfully trying to get themselves booked for a local show, decide to try time travelling, accidentally landing in 2008. It’s an absolute delight. Smart, funny, full of heart. I had the biggest smile on my face by the final act. Between the clever ways in which they use archival footage to have them travel back in time and interact with their younger selves, to the ridiculous ways in which they somehow get away with using so much intellectual property. I’ve spent all morning Googling how this even got made and released. Great Scott, it’s good! Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 5 Posted April 5 (edited) 2 hours ago, Egg Shen said: Didn't know they were doing that 🙁 I'm tempted to pick up the new Arrow Blu-Ray. I'm pretty much out of the physical media game but I really wanna see those. The Killer is getting its own BluRay release through Arrow in a couple of weeks. I picked up Hard Boiled on 4K this week and it’s absolutely spectacular. Edited April 5 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted April 5 Awards Moderator Posted April 5 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: I think I've said it before (not like me to repeat myself) but for me Clive, Heat feels like very much a film to be watched on a Sunday. No reason or much thought behind this for me, just feels like a film for that day of the week. What a boring little man. Love it though, one of my all time favourites. Sunday Night Heat it is, then. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 5 Members Posted April 5 56 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Sunday Night Heat it is, then. Would love to see Hanna vs Macauley in an Empty Arena match to be fair. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 5 Paid Members Posted April 5 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: I picked up Hard Boiled on 4K this week and it’s absolutely spectacular. Its not available on digital yet either, the release on Prime Video is the old print. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 5 Posted April 5 1 hour ago, Egg Shen said: Its not available on digital yet either, the release on Prime Video is the old print. Give it a few weeks and it’ll be on Arrow Player Quote
Mr_Danger Posted April 5 Posted April 5 5 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I think I've said it before (not like me to repeat myself) but for me Clive, Heat feels like very much a film to be watched on a Sunday. No reason or much thought behind this for me, just feels like a film for that day of the week. What a boring little man. Love it though, one of my all time favourites. Stand By Me is the ultimate Sunday night film. The Goonies in the afternoon. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 5 Members Posted April 5 21 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Stand By Me is the ultimate Sunday night film. The Goonies in the afternoon. Yeah, absolutely fantastic shout. Both in the autumn/winter months. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 5 Posted April 5 Mario Galaxy Not as good as the first one. Just didnt flow as well and felt quite shallow. As a hardcore life long Mario fan I still had fun with all the characters and settings and music though. Still missing my favourite character but I'll take Yoshi for now. The Drama Pattinson. Zendaya. Obviously both excellent and they have a lot of fun together in this. Funnier than I was expecting. Not as weird as I was expecting. Worth a watch. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 5 Posted April 5 It's hard to say much about The Drama without spoiling it, but it's brilliant and I felt a little bad laughing at a few bits.. it's dark humour done really well. Is Alana Haim right at the top of musicians turned actor? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 5 Paid Members Posted April 5 4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: Give it a few weeks and it’ll be on Arrow Player Yeah, i'll hang on for that. Cheers. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted April 5 Awards Moderator Posted April 5 53 minutes ago, Merzbow said: It's hard to say much about The Drama without spoiling it, but it's brilliant and I felt a little bad laughing at a few bits.. it's dark humour done really well. It made me cringe until I wanted to crawl out of my skin, but that only means it was really effective. Zendaya and Robert Pattinson were both excellent in it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.