WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Blimey, Sleeping Dogs is great, isn't it? I know it won't be a surprise to anyone that's played it, but damn. In terms of just picking up and playing, it was really intuitive and fun. I blasted through it. Probably enjoyed it more than GTA IV, which I wasn't expecting. Shame the DLC was rubbish, but what can you do? Also a shame it never got picked up more as a franchise.

Yep. An absolute gem of a game. Great combat, good story, and really accessible. I personally loved the CCTV side missions. Hacking the cameras and identifying the dealers was always fun!

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Blimey, Sleeping Dogs is great, isn't it? I know it won't be a surprise to anyone that's played it, but damn. In terms of just picking up and playing, it was really intuitive and fun. I blasted through it. Probably enjoyed it more than GTA IV, which I wasn't expecting. Shame the DLC was rubbish, but what can you do? Also a shame it never got picked up more as a franchise.

I love the use of indicators when you need to turn instead of having to look at the minimap every 5 seconds. Plus, driving on the left :)

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Square Enix published it, right? They were happy to sack off any IP that didn't sell millions upon millions of copies, Western games that actually did well were often said to be "underperforming".

Think it was Rise of The Tomb Raider that sold millions but was considered a "disappointment" by SE.

10 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Think it was Rise of The Tomb Raider that sold millions but was considered a "disappointment" by SE.

That Guardians of the Galaxy game did alright too but got binned off almost instantly. Even with the considerable resources they can throw at a project they probably only want to deal in smash hits.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

love the use of indicators when you need to turn instead of having to look at the minimap every 5 seconds

A feature first used in The Getaway on PS2 I think.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Finished Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

All in all for a spinoff game I wasn’t too bothered about, it enters my top 3 very easily just behind Yakuza 0 and Like a Dragon.

Have two achievements left to get (the seedy Hostess Club ones) for 100% on it. Took just under 28 hours which for me is the perfect amount of time. I loved some of the other games but they become a slog after a while, whereas this one never overstayed it’s welcome.

Some of the best side characters in a long while too. Great game.

37 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

A reminder for those who might be arsed - today is Powerwash DLC day!

Did the first job, it was wonderful. 

EDIT - Hmm, seems like you can’t “Share” the DLC. I bought and installed it but my girlfriend can’t play it and would have to buy it again on her sign in. That’s a bit shit. Never known that for any game. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Finished Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

All in all for a spinoff game I wasn’t too bothered about, it enters my top 3 very easily just behind Yakuza 0 and Like a Dragon.

Have two achievements left to get (the seedy Hostess Club ones) for 100% on it. Took just under 28 hours which for me is the perfect amount of time. I loved some of the other games but they become a slog after a while, whereas this one never overstayed it’s welcome.

Some of the best side characters in a long while too. Great game.

I thought I might go for the 100% given the relatively shorter nature of it but a combination of Shogi & Pocket Circuit have beaten me and now I reckon I might just blast through the end of the game instead.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Jesse said:

I thought I might go for the 100% given the relatively shorter nature of it but a combination of Shogi & Pocket Circuit have beaten me and now I reckon I might just blast through the end of the game instead.

I mean 100% achievements. Thankfully Shogi isn’t necessary on that.