WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

Borrowing the new Pokemon Scarlet off a mate and the gameplay is the freshest it’s felt in decades. In nearly every other sense though it’s pretty shocking. It has the same trees Mario 64 does.

333A7426-6C22-41C3-ADD5-CAB7138403C6.jpeg

It isn't pretty. I think it's the problem of the whole game being an open world. I wonder whether it may have been a little better if its had each route and city/gym as a separate area that loads in, like with Legends Arceus. 

Been playing the Breakers Collection in my Switch. Haven't tried online yet because I'm not sure my mum's connection will be decent. That last boss can get in the bin though. Input reading git. That's SNK boss syndrome for you, though. Still great fun with a friend, or online. 

There's no excuse for it looking so bad when launch titles were bigger and much prettier, no way does it need more power than say BoTW, Doom or The Witcher 3.

Pokemon is such a huge franchise yet it feels like GameFreak isn't a big dev team at all.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

So Stadia is now officially dead, I did try it at one point and even with a wired connection to cable broadband it ran like shit with horrible input lag.

Did anyone have a good experience with it?

Amusingly, I got onboarded as a developer late last year. After weeks of back and forth, signing NDAs and whatnot, I got the “Congratulations! You’re now a Stadia developer! Here’s access to our SDK, docs, tooling” email and about a week later was when the news broke Google were shutting it down.

You’d think they’d just not bother and fob me off if they knew it was going to be shut down.

• Paid Members

They seem to have a history of this kind of thing. I think it was a good idea, but it was too early as there just wasn't the infrastructure for it. 

I just hope that Pacman Mega Tunnel Battle comes to other platforms now. 

I'm sure I've read that communication was awful and even some long time developers had zero idea of it all going under until the public did. Google are shit with just closing things down.

Streaming works for Sony and Microsoft because it's an extra, there if really wanted or needed but never the main focus.

Got the Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden bundle on PS5 for £32.99 today, only ever played Persona 5 Royale and Strikers, heard Portable isn’t too great but really looking forward to playing Golden after I’m done with 3.

That’ll keep me sorted until March when Resident Evil 4 Remake comes out.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Persona 4 Golden is really good but I personally enjoy the original version more. Be warned though, if you think Persona 5 starts slow then 4 will be torture.

I played a bit of 4 earlier this year through emulation as I never thought we’d get a PS5 port, got through the first dungeon and then the release dates were announced so I stopped playing. 

That Fucking Junes theme is gonna haunt me again.

6 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Persona 4 Golden is really good but I personally enjoy the original version more. Be warned though, if you think Persona 5 starts slow then 4 will be torture.

I completed it for the first time recently, and while it’s a solid game, it’s definitely ‘of its time’, to put it kindly, with how women and homosexuality are treated. 

Done Crisis Core in 15 hours with a healthy, healthy feed of side content which as per most video game site recommendations these days seemed about half as long and way easier than they were recommending. 

But a fucking daft, well curated ball of a time that immediately makes me want to do a classic run through of VII again before going on to Remake as the Matrix Resurrections of the series. 

Next new release for me is Hogwarts Legacy, barring an absolute mauling in the reviews. 

The Harry Potter universe is out of JKs hands and into the developers of Just Cause. 

Bring it on.