WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

For anyone still on the fence about Cyberpunk, Xbox have released a 5 hour free trial of the Series X and S optimised update.

I do want to try it if its finally sorted but the timing is bad for me. I pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 and I am now feeling really hyped for this based on the reviews. That will be consuming all gaming time for the next while.

• Paid Members

Telling Lies was recently added to Game Pass and my friend highly recommended it to me. I'm completely hooked. You basically have access to loads of video footage via a secret OS and try to piece together events that took place between a group of people over a couple of years.

It's like a cross between two of the greatest Mega CD games- Night Trap and Sherlock Holmes. 

• Paid Members

Gave up on Sifu for now. The combat is amazing, The Raid-style fight in that hallway early in is one of the biggest highlights I've had in gaming in recent years, but there came a point where I hit a wall in skill, and the only improvements come from repetition to unlock temporary upgrades that'll disappear when I fuck up again, and unlocking them permanently requires 10x the repetition. It's not for me. There's a lower difficulty coming, I'll give it another try, but if it's just a case of making the combat much easier I'm not sure it'll make it a better game.

CrossfireX was pretty average, but needed rn, especially after the frustration of being locked out of Sifu for it not being a normal game. Played through the two campaigns in one sitting each, shot honkies and blew shit up, a good time!

I'd always ignored the Ace Combat series as the thought of planes fighting other planes sounded pretty boring until I stumbled upon a YT video showing it has a mental universe and is basically Metal Plane Solid. I bought the deluxe edition of 7 off the PS Store for £6-odd and I love it. I was so wrong about dogfights being boring! I'm about 10 missions in and surprised at the variety of them as well, I'm invested in this daft story and the scale and the soundtrack are incredible. The VR missions sound like they'll be worth dusting the ol' headset off for. The deluxe edition came with a surprise (not listed at all) remaster of 5 included and I've got a copy of 6 for the Xbox on the way now too. I'm all in on this shit now. Full-on plane pervert, just like that!

r

5 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Yeah, man, just on Friday or Saturday. That's some hike! Keep in mind I haven't touched/used any of the DLC yet though, so my recommendation for the standard game (which seems to still be on sale) is just as strong.

Oh the DLC is the best part of the game, those missions are on a whole different level and each feels like a big budget movie. I'd certainly wait for the whole lot to come back on sale, but I've also seen the season pass go cheap too but not as often.

• Paid Members

Will be starting Forbidden West later tonight. Found out after the Matryoshka-level unboxing of the collector's edition that the game was a download code, not a physical disk. Boo.

(yes. probably should have checked, but boo all the same)

• Paid Members

I've been playing Circuit Superstars on PS4 for a couple of weeks now. It's good fun and surprisingly deep. In that the car control is quite sophisticated. You certainly can't just blitz through this game. It helps that they have a number of different car types. Which gives you plenty of variety and a chance to get enjoyment out of it. I personally found it quite difficult to begin with. It wasn't until I settled on the Eurotrucks class that I was able to really settle into the game and alleviate some of the frustration I had been experiencing with the game. Even now I'm still finding the pro-am setting a challenge. Every session results in an increase in car control and progression. 

Does anyone know if the local multiplayer works on PS4? We could not get the game to activate the 2nd player. I have two official Sony pads. They both work fine with the likes of Tekken and other local multiplayer games. Yet Circuit Superstars seems to ignore the second pad when we are trying to set up a local multiplayer. I've looked online for advice. Unfortunately I haven't found any advice for this specific problem. It's a shame as this game would be immense fun on local multiplayer. 

• Paid Members
On 2/17/2022 at 1:25 AM, PunkStep said:

Telling Lies was recently added to Game Pass and my friend highly recommended it to me. I'm completely hooked. You basically have access to loads of video footage via a secret OS and try to piece together events that took place between a group of people over a couple of years.

It's like a cross between two of the greatest Mega CD games- Night Trap and Sherlock Holmes. 

FMV games have been enjoying a little bit of a revival recently. There are some interesting ones out there. 

17 hours ago, seph said:

Will be starting Forbidden West later tonight. Found out after the Matryoshka-level unboxing of the collector's edition that the game was a download code, not a physical disk. Boo.

(yes. probably should have checked, but boo all the same)

There's far too much of that nonsense going on. It's obviously publishers trying to avoid pre-owned game sales, but I do like getting hold of a disk version sometimes, especially when you don't know whether a game is going to disappear from a console's marketplace. Forza Motorsports 5 vanished from my library as well one day, like it was never even out in the first place.