WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Ridge Racer 6!!!

Timesplitters 2! I've got an XBox copy of that at mine. Can't wait to give it a crack. I bet it plays like a pig nowadays though. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Timesplitters 2! I've got an XBox copy of that at mine. Can't wait to give it a crack. I bet it plays like a pig nowadays though. 

It's tough to get used to again but once you get over the fact that the game will aim assist for you in lieu of any decent crosshairs and that it's a keep moving cartoon shooter and not a precision based one then it holds up surprisingly well. I spent the evening getting mostly golds in the first set of Arcade League challenges. 

Future Perfect's graphics have held up far  better though. If you're playing on a Series console it looks fantastic. 

Halo Infinite is great so far too. Oddball and CTF are great fun in the tight maps. It's all just very uncomplicated and - well - works. 

• Paid Members

I bet the price of the PS2 GTA games have been climbing up since the remastered trilogy came out as well. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I've noted the price of some of the games included in the new backwards compatibility list have alredy started to creep up on eBay.

I had Binary Domain and the 3 F.E.A.R. games in my Cex basket earlier and they all went from £3 to £6 before I could checkout. They wanted £1.95 postage on each of them too. Fuck that, will wait for a better deal.

Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) 

Kicking my arse but I absolutely love this game so far, easily my favourite in the mainline MegaTen series so far. 

From the opening seconds you just know it's classic MegaTen and can just feel the sense of dread. 

Only complaint is that getting around the game world can sometimes be a pain.

47 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Any recommendations for local multiplayer games on Gamepass? Thanks!

I’ve not yet played it but have It Takes Two ready to play as soon as I can get my girlfriend to play it. It’s meant to be one of the best games of the year and it’s on Gamepass now.

• Paid Members

Made a massive school boy error in GTA 3 and I'm not sure I have the staying power to continue. 

Was at a point attempting Espresso 2 go where I kept getting my car destroyed/blown up so after reading about the bullet proof Patriot, I figured I'd just die in the mission, spawn at the hospital and then go rebuy all my lost weapons and then do the final Ray mission to get the Patriot. (only had the auto save and 1 other manual save from the first island)

I went a bit mad buying more firepower and rockets than I'd ever need or use and now that I've gotten to the Catalina mission I only have 395k. I'm £100k short to be able to start the mission and I can't be fucked doing a thousand taxi missions to get there. 

Devestated. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

What are peoples games of the year at this point? I think I've played about everything new that I want to play with the exception of Halo Infinite. I've played a few online matches and it's got me even more hyped for the campaign.

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered

I had a look at this list to refresh my memory a bit. Quite striking how many of these are enhanced editions, remakes, collections etc. That being said, I still think that there has been some quality stuff regardless of your chosen platform.

I think I would personally say that my top tier would be Deathloop (PS5) and Psychonauts 2 (Series X/S). I really loved both of those games.

I'm currently playing a lot of Forza 5 which is way up there too. 

Does the Elden Ring Beta count as best game of the year? I've missed out on a lot due to not wanting to play new games on last gen tech, even the new Resi as it played pretty awfully during the demo.

Tony Hawk's 1 + 2 would be up there also but that feels like cheating as it's a remaster of two of the greatest games ever made, same with NieR: Replicant. I'm sure the new Life is Strange will be up there once I buy it.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Weezenal said:

Any recommendations for local multiplayer games on Gamepass? Thanks!

Is Streets Of Rage 4 on there? Overcooked can be fun.