WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I've got the switch lite, the D-pad is less bad. Hori do a really good set of joy cons, which is sold more as a "grip" with a proper D-pad and more useful buttons. I'm pretty sure there's one with a 6 button layout as well. It's only about £30 if memory serves. 

Just finished Alba. Not a bald space marine in sight (nor a balding Holyrood politician), but if that's not a prerequisite for you then you'll have a lovely and relaxing time while it lasts. And if you have young kids then its well delivered conservation message makes it almost prescribed gaming for them.

spacer.png

Started Yakuza 0 again. It was slow as fuck and boring to begin with but once I got past the first bit and you can skip dialogue as you read it, it picked up. 

Im torn between wanting to just get on with it and windmill into bad guys, and enjoying what seems like it will be a very detailed storyline. Just kicked in one of the bosses and he cut his finger off, and some property tycoon offered me a job. Think I will be sticking with it this time!

• Paid Members

I'm at a dilemma of how to transport my PS5 when I go on a plane. I was going to bubble wrap it and put it in my suitcase, but I'm worried about whether the case goes missing, if I'd be covered under insurance etc. The other option is to take it in hand luggage and buy a backpack for it, but it's bloody heavy.

Has anyone got any experience with taking a console on a plane or any recommendations for backpacks or carry cases?

26 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I'm at a dilemma of how to transport my PS5 when I go on a plane. I was going to bubble wrap it and put it in my suitcase, but I'm worried about whether the case goes missing, if I'd be covered under insurance etc. The other option is to take it in hand luggage and buy a backpack for it, but it's bloody heavy.

Has anyone got any experience with taking a console on a plane or any recommendations for backpacks or carry cases?

spacer.png

• Paid Members
On 4/7/2023 at 5:20 PM, Merzbow said:

Yeah when it opens up you can just spend hours fucking about with side stuff to limit the cutscenes and do the story when in the right mood. Playing as Majima is so much fun, too.

I got quite a way into it last time I tried, but got really upset when I couldn't do the last dance-off to get the top hostess for the hostess club game. I did thoroughly enjoy doing those little side missions. It's a cracking game. Needs Switch ports. 

I'm still cracking through Power Wash Simulator. I enjoyed the Skatepark level. The vehicles are a lot of fun. The merry-go-round was a little frustrating with the little fiddly horse rods (Kenneth Williams/Frankie Howerd "ooooh" jpeg goes here), but the tree house is just huge. I'm trying to do the train as well. Still great chill out fun. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Judgment has you dating a 19 year old... old man Kiryu would never. I went with it to get that sweet SP but man, it's wrong.

I mentioned in the “Being reminded of the UKFF” thread how on Yakuza 0 I just did the side mission where a high schooler thinks his girlfriend is a prozzie but she’s just part of a soiled underwear gang. Well dodge, m8. 

I suppose the difficulty with adapting John Wick into games, which Hex was probably an attempt to mitigate, is that he's defined by how flawlessly slick and precise he is (while seamlessly juggling martial arts and gunplay), which even the best player would struggle to replicate with anything resembling authenticity. Serious work would need to go into creating a new take on the genre, so that it's not just a generic action game with a Keanu Reeves skin, but actually feels like you are John Fucking Wick.