Cousin Jim Bob Posted March 30 Posted March 30 1 hour ago, NeverYield said: Double post wanker: Did anyone else see Fundora absolutely piece Thurman up on the weekend. Must be a nightmare fighting a highly skilled lamppost with broomsticks for arms. I've only seen highlights but it looked like Thurman was a long way behind and getting battered. Thurman kicked off in the post match presser claiming it was a bullshit stoppage. Whilst sat there looking like he had just been run over by a lorry. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 30 Posted March 30 (edited) 1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said: I've only seen highlights but it looked like Thurman was a long way behind and getting battered. Thurman kicked off in the post match presser claiming it was a bullshit stoppage. Whilst sat there looking like he had just been run over by a lorry. Yeah Thurman had a howler in there, after so long out I'm not sure how he thought it was gonna go any other way to be honest. Aha yeah, thats nearly as silly as Franklins team complaining about the stoppage in the Itauma fight. Edited March 30 by NeverYield Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 31 Author Paid Members Posted March 31 Had no issue with Franklin complaining, he probably didn't even realise he'd been put down that heavy, but the corner needs slapping. Decent test for Moses. Franklin didn't disgrace himself and was looking after himself nicely until that uppercut, brutal shot. Great to see Moses get some rounds, it really is hard to see who beats him the way he's looking. Paul/Thompson probably the highlight of a solid undercard. Shakiel bossed it for 10 rounds, big, strong yet lanky Middleweight, he looked like the kind of guy who would be hard going for anyone, then he gets completely flattened in round 9 by Brad Pauls who probably lands a very unlikely World Title fight. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 1 Author Paid Members Posted April 1 (edited) I'll just leave this here... 😐 Edited April 1 by Egg Shen Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 1 Paid Members Posted April 1 1 hour ago, Egg Shen said: I'll just leave this here... 😐 To be fair Eggy, this could have gone in the Jesus Fucking Christ thread in off topic. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 1 Paid Members Posted April 1 Fucking hell. I had to tap out two-thirds of the way through, I was wincing that much. Felt unclean. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 6 Paid Members Posted April 6 Callus Smith v David Morrell is off. Smith is injured. I was looking forward to that fight as well. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 15 Members Posted April 15 So Ryan Garner will get his title fight (albeit interim) at St Mary's on June 20th against Michael Magnesi. Hoping for a cracking atmosphere, and can't sniff at a world title bout 10 minutes from me. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/articles/cj401gjwgzqo As I've mentioned elsewhere, I know someone that works for the club, and she is buzzing as she's never really seen a boxing crowd and knows her bar revenues will be through the roof. I have warned her I'm off to dust off my Ben Sherman shirts and polish my loafers. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted April 17 Posted April 17 This channel's videos have cropped up on my Twitter's timeline - COMBAT CO-OP - YouTube I watched the most recent James Toney video last night and it was excellent. I plan on watching the rest of the videos over the next week or so. Highly recommended. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 (edited) This should confirm that AJ vs Fury is a done deal though. Hearn’s been banging on about that lately, saying that when AJ gets his tune-up fight announced, that means the Fury fight is a lock. And Turki tweeted this earlier… We’ll see. It’s AJ-Fury so something’s gonna fuck it up. Watch this Pringle fella spark AJ now. Edited April 27 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 I guess the Albanian number 1 wasn't available so they had to get the number 2. I hope this Prenga lad is getting well paid. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 27 Author Paid Members Posted April 27 Yeah, i'm not going to complain about this one. If anyone is allowed one freebie after whats happened, it's AJ. Quote
Gooner Posted April 27 Posted April 27 Absolute laughable fight and not surprising as even with the noise about it being possibly Wilder he would face next, no way that was going to happen. Wilder maybe completely washed up but the fear is there if Wilder connected on Joshua's chin it likely would be night, night for him, so put him in against a nobody after his last fight was against a blown up YouTuber. Now I got that rubbish fight and posisible fight afterwards out the way, lets talk about the biggest fight in boxing taking place this Saturday morning between the undisputed champion at 122lbs Naoya Inoue 32-0(27) defending his titles against fellow Japanese, undefeated sensation Junto Nakatani 32-0(24) in front of a sold out crowd of 55,000 in the Tokyo Dome. Actually, before I continue I'm going to start a whole new thread instead for the Inoue/Nakatani bout coming up, a fight of that magnitude deserves the best. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 Considering AJ's age, his record being less sparkly than it was, and the fact he has no titles any more, I'd venture to guess it's all about money fights or fights that build him up to money fights now. In that regard, the Jake Paul fight did its job, and I suppose the Prenga fight is to fluff up the potential crowd for the Fury fight, now that it's years past when it was really worth a damn. Quote
NeverYield Posted April 28 Posted April 28 Dreadful fight. I never expected a stiff test for AJ, and a tune up is fair enough, but this is just one of them where its glorified sparring. AJ has been through a lot, and I do think he's been great for british boxing, despite a few wobbles he's very honest about himself and is generally up for a challenge most of the time, with the passing of time his resume doesn't look too bad at all, but this, like Usyk fighting Verhoeven, is total bollocks. A total "who the fuck is that guy" turnout, there's heaps of names you could chuck in front of AJ now who while being not much of a threat to him could still give him a few rounds, and also be a name boxing fans are familiar with, if Fury is (finally) end game, then taking the path of least resistance is no good at all, as Fury 100% cannot be counted out in the match up, especially after his recent performance which while it wasn't trailblazing, shown enough to suggest he could really turn up on the night, it wouldln't be the first time Fury has brought a higher performance out of himself due to the level of his opponent. AJ confidence has taken a bit of a knocking boxing wise lately, and starching Jake Paul and a guy no one has even heard of, is poor preparation for Tyson Fury imo, even at this stage of the game. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.