Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 26 Author Paid Members Posted February 26 A one fight deal to co-headline a show is an interesting move too. What the hell is going on? Quote
jimufctna24 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 5 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: A one fight deal to co-headline a show is an interesting move too. What the hell is going on? A Saudi/Zuffa powerplay? The Netflix show will be promoted by Zuffa and SELA (the Saudi entertainment company) Quote
Gooner Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) So after all the recent talk, he is going to fight a dragged up, washed, looking like lke a dug up walking corpse a couple fights ago in Regis Pograis. If they didn't say anything different, I'd still think Hearn was promoting him. Edited February 26 by Gooner . Quote
NeverYield Posted February 26 Posted February 26 Wow Prograis has won won fight since like, '23? and hasn't fought anywhere near 147 since '21? Ridiculous. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted February 26 Posted February 26 I don't buy it's a one fight deal. Thats my hot take now. This feels like the fight you give someone before the big fight you actually want them to have. I could be wrong, obviously, but I still think it'll be Conor as the face of Sky Sports Zuffa, in a World Title fight at a stadium after hes chinned Prograis. Quote
NeverYield Posted February 26 Posted February 26 I don't either, if this is a one fight deal and you've chucked 15mil at Benn then this is surely the one of the worst fights you could possibly make. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 If this Tweet is anything to go by, the Warren lawsuit wasn't the massive news speculated about my numerous media sources over the weekend. Genuinely not sure what it could be. Obviously it's likely to be related to SELA/ZUFFA/Matchroom/Warren in some way. Quote
NeverYield Posted February 26 Posted February 26 I think, but am not 100% sure, the big news has something to do with Zuffa Boxing strong arming Top Rank off of ESPN. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 Just now, NeverYield said: I think, but am not 100% sure, the big news has something to do with Zuffa Boxing strong arming Top Rank off of ESPN. Is that the rumour that has two executives sabotaging Top Rank and ESPN's deal, and then conveniently defecting to Paramount afterwards? Quote
NeverYield Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) 15 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said: Is that the rumour that has two executives sabotaging Top Rank and ESPN's deal, and then conveniently defecting to Paramount afterwards? Yeah I think so, saw a few things going around and read a little bit into it and I think that seems to be the "mind blowing" big news thats happening. It's all go in the world of boxing at the moment though isn't it, its like an episode of Eastenders. Edit: Has big Tyson signed with Zuffa? Edited February 26 by NeverYield Quote
jimufctna24 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) 18 minutes ago, NeverYield said: Yeah I think so, saw a few things going around and read a little bit into it and I think that seems to be the "mind blowing" big news thats happening. It's all go in the world of boxing at the moment though isn't it, its like an episode of Eastenders. It appears that the massive news has great relevance to British boxing. So I'm not sure if it's anything to do with Zuffa, ESPN and Top Rank's affairs (I could be wrong). I agree it's a very interesting story though. It reminded me a bit of what supposedly occurred with WCW; with the former Turner executive and Brad Siegal ensuring the shows were cancelled from TNT/TBS, and that the company was sold for WWF for a relatively small sum. Edited February 26 by jimufctna24 Quote
NeverYield Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) 48 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said: It appears that the massive news has great relevance to British boxing. So I'm not sure if it's anything to do with Zuffa, ESPN and Top Rank's affairs (I could be wrong). I agree it's a very interesting story though. It reminded me a bit of what supposedly occurred with WCW; with the former Turner executive and Brad Siegal ensuring the shows were cancelled from TNT/TBS, and that the company was sold for WWF for a relatively small sum. Yes I've just seen the Boxing King Media post, and Jazza Dickens' "Wowzer, if this is true boxing really is the wild West!". Yeah it us, gives us something to mull over doesn't it. 100% a similar sort of situation, and last weekend Wand I think it was said its like the Monday Night Wars again after Hearn had started to talk about Dana's horrible treatment of Aspinall. Edit: more from Jazza Edited February 26 by NeverYield Quote
jimufctna24 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 Bloody hell. I wondered this afternoon whether the news could be the rather mundane development that Zuffa and Sky had reached a deal. "Boxsteinfiles" sounds far more interesting, albeit very concerning too. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.