Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 17 Author Paid Members Posted January 17 Zuffa Boxing has got off to a quiet and quite strange start, but this is more like it... Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 5 hours ago, Egg Shen said: Zuffa Boxing has got off to a quiet and quite strange start, but this is more like it... Now rheyve got to sign someone to fight him because all the rest of the cruisers have been staying well away. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 17 Posted January 17 The Cruiserweight division is also a far cry from what it was a decade ago (peak versions of Usyk, Gassiev, Breidis, etc). Quote
NeverYield Posted January 18 Posted January 18 Yeah to be fair to Opetaia no one has shown much interest in fighting him but I'm not really sure this is the best move for him monetarily or career wise really, but what do I know. I don't think Eddies done too bad by Jai to be fair, and I would say would definitely be a better payer than Dana would be but we will see how it plays out I guess. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 18 Paid Members Posted January 18 Did anyone see the promo video they put out for Zuffa Boxing? So cringe it’s actually laughable with the focal point of the whole thing being that Dana’s somehow the ‘saviour’ of Boxing. This is the ‘money shot’ at the end… Dana looking like Kingpin with the most punchable smirk ever. Genuinely hope these pricks fail miserably. Fully aware they probably won’t because they’re gonna have the TKO/Turki funding and backing to make waves. But Boxing was fine without these greedy monopoly obsessed vultures. At the very least I hope Hearn winds this cunt up to breaking point. Smug boiled egg in a suit looking dickhead. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 18 Posted January 18 I did see the promo yeah, comical. Strange one isn't it, how all this will play out, who knows. But Dana was waffling about being unwilling to work with other promoters, and not working with sanctioning bodies, and reverting back to the old weight divisions. Yet in Opetaia he's signed a cruiserweight who holds the IBF belt who has expressed interest in unifcication fights Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 18 Posted January 18 (edited) Personal dislike of Dana aside, I don't think I would enjoy a version of boxing chiefly under Zuffa's rule. The fighters probably wouldn't either, especially financially. Edited January 18 by jimufctna24 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 20 Author Paid Members Posted January 20 On 1/18/2026 at 5:20 PM, wandshogun09 said: Dana looking like Kingpin with the most punchable smirk ever. Genuinely hope these pricks fail miserably. Fully aware they probably won’t because they’re gonna have the TKO/Turki funding and backing to make waves. But Boxing was fine without these greedy monopoly obsessed vultures. At the very least I hope Hearn winds this cunt up to breaking point. Smug boiled egg in a suit looking dickhead. I'm actually pretty disappointed we ain't getting this Zuffa Boxing thing from when Dana was in his fired-up prime. Him vs. Eddie Hearn would have made for some great entertainment now. Eddie seems up for it now, but I can't see Dana taking the bait. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 29 Posted January 29 (edited) What an absolutely wally Gervonta Davis is. Been nicked again, such a promising talent and a good fighter to watch on the eye but he just won't be sensible. And https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/former-manchester-boxing-champion-jailed-33328600.amp Edited January 29 by NeverYield Quote
NeverYield Posted February 5 Posted February 5 what an idiot Wilder is, those losses to Fury must really haunt him, I wouldlnt be surprised if hes coked out of his head here either Either way I think you can stick a fork in Wilder, hes done, and I think Chisoras gonna beat him Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 6 Author Paid Members Posted February 6 how he turned that into a full blown race thing was quite alarming, Deontay's cheese done fell off his cracker. Oh, here's a cool little thing, Ring Magazine has made its full archive available for free in digital form. Over 100 years worth. Something to look at on the shitter. https://www.ringmagazine.com/magazine Quote
NeverYield Posted February 10 Posted February 10 Wardley vs Dubois is a done deal for the 9th of May, great fight this one. What Wardley lacks in boxing IQ he has more than made up for so far with sheer grit and bottle! I was at the Huni bout and the atmosphere was fantastic. I think he has a seriously strong chance of beating Dubois here, Dubois just isn't as strong as a top tier fighter needs to be mentally imo, physically he is a specimen, but he does lack that mental make up I think its fair to say. I do like both men though, but I'm tipping Wardley ftw. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 11 Author Paid Members Posted February 11 First Zuffa Boxing World Title fight confirmed. Quote
NeverYield Posted February 11 Posted February 11 Jai is superior in every way, bar maybe raw power. Glanton likes to apply lots of pressure, but Jai has the speed and movement to negate that imo, beyond landing that big shot I don't see a way Glanton to win this. How nice of Zuffa to 'not want to focus on the cruiserweight division', to making a fight in that division their first world title fight. 🤣 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 20 Author Paid Members Posted February 20 Well if anyone is following the whole developing Zuffa vs. Matchroom feud i'd say this is the first big move/attack on the other. Connor was Eddie's golden goose, talk of World Title stadium fights and whatnot and after all Matchroom did for him post-ban to go sign with Zuffa is a massive shock. Cant wait to hear the behind the scenes story is on this. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.