jimufctna24 Posted March 10 Posted March 10 We are discussing an industry that allowed GAD and Kevin Iole to became notable figures. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 18 Author Paid Members Posted March 18 Top Rank has officially moved to DAZN. I know im paying £22 a month but the package they have now is pretty great to be fair. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 18 Posted March 18 Hopefully this is a good thing for the sport & means it can be easier to make certain fights without large lashings of bullshit stopping them from happening. We'll see. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted March 27 Posted March 27 Very much looking forward to seeing Itauma back in action tomorrow evening. I suspect he'll stop Franklin inside 6 rounds. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 27 Posted March 27 I'm looking forward to the element of can Itauma be the first one to stop the ever durable Franklin, which I think he is. I think by 5 it could be all over. For Franklin its how much can he fuck about I think & play the spoiler game, fwiw I think Itauma is far too mobile & active for someone like Franklin and could well get into his groove and get a stoppage earlier than he planned. Thats one thing I like quite a bit about Itauma is he clearly has fast twitch muscle fibres because he can shift in that ring and I can't really see how Franklin is going to negate that to be honest, also Itauma uses some nasty angles, go back and look at the Wach fight, can't see Franklin doing much with that to be fair, he can also counter very well. I said on this forum a while back I wasn't too enamoured with the fight and I'm still not to be honest, its watchable definitely but its by no means a barn burner and I still stand by what I said about potentially moving Itauma a bit faster. Franklins whole schtick is he is durable and can cope with pressure, but that doesn't nessecarily win fights, and when you compare that to Itauma who can really whack, is fast of hand & foot, composed, and will hit from all angles then Franklin beyond being tough just doesn't match him enough in any department and I can see him definitely hitting the deck. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 27 Author Paid Members Posted March 27 I'd hate to see Franklin get cleaned out early, he's one of my favorite heavyweights, such a humble and likeable fella, especially for an American heavyweight. I give him little hope of winning but I want to see him extend Moses some rounds. Really looking forward to Hutchinson/Taylor as the co-main too. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 27 Posted March 27 Franklin is definitely a likeable person, and I have always appreciated his honesty. Agree about the co-main. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted March 27 Posted March 27 Apparently the Connor benn fight is cancelled and no longer the co main on the Tyson card. Jesus if it's true it's the universe and serious karma towards Dana white and the shots at Eddie personally and systematically disrespecting the entire UFC roster with the 15 million wage that ends in him out of the huge position with being co-main for a Tyson fury event and this giant zuffa/Dana scenario hilarious Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 28 Author Paid Members Posted March 28 7 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said: Apparently the Connor benn fight is cancelled and no longer the co main on the Tyson card. Jesus if it's true it's the universe and serious karma towards Dana white and the shots at Eddie personally and systematically disrespecting the entire UFC roster with the 15 million wage that ends in him out of the huge position with being co-main for a Tyson fury event and this giant zuffa/Dana scenario hilarious Prograis has shot the rumors down, still on apparently. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted March 28 Posted March 28 I genuinely believe that Itauma is already the best heavyweight in the UK and would beat the likes of Fury and Dubois if he boxed them tomorrow. I haven't been this excited about boxer since I began supporting Josh Taylor (yes, I know), and Usyk in the mid-2010s. That uppercut finish was just insane. Franklin has one set of whiskers on him. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 28 Paid Members Posted March 28 Franklin's corner were complaining that it was stopped to early! While I agree with you on how good he is Jim, he has still to really take a punch. If he can they are all in trouble. Quote
NeverYield Posted March 29 Posted March 29 (edited) Well I said I think by round 5 it could be all over and 5 rounds in and Franklin landed flat on his face. Absolutely fair play to Franklin, showed a great chin through 5, but that's all he showed, he never went for anything, never tried anything. And essentially, as tough as you are, if you aren't going to present any angles and difficulties to your opponent then all you are is being a punch bag for him, and while that may be good for getting Itauma a few rounds, which technically Franklin did, half in a 10 round fight, if you aren't going to bring anything to the table except a chin then you're essentially a punchbag and a bit of target practice in there, and practice his target he did because that uppercut was beautifully timed and executed, a total scrambler of a blow. I think Itauma is ready for a substantial move in opposition now and I can't see anyone out of the top few beating him currently, he's a serious problem in there. Itauma mentioned Hrgovic last night after the fight and I think Itauma would deal with him comfortably to be honest. I think Wardley would give Itauma a better fight than Dubois. Edited March 29 by NeverYield Quote
NeverYield Posted March 30 Posted March 30 Double post wanker: Did anyone else see Fundora absolutely piece Thurman up on the weekend. Must be a nightmare fighting a highly skilled lamppost with broomsticks for arms. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.