Jump to content

Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just seen that the Mayweather vs Mike Zambidis exhibition that was talked about recently is actually going ahead in Greece in June. So that’s on top of the Pacquiao rematch in September and this Mike Tyson exhibition that’s been rumoured for the Congo in April.

Man, Floyd really is broke isn’t he? Might have to drop the ‘Money’ nickname at this rate. ‘Final Reminder’ Floyd has a nice ring to it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

How the hell has he managed to blast through several hundred million dollars in, what, ten years?

Not that I mind. Wife-beating turd deserves to be poor.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m hoping the fact he needs money now will mean he ends up taking a fight he wouldn’t have usually and he finally gets  chinned. Fully aware that’s unlikely but a man can dream, right? 

Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2026 at 12:01 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Eddie’s already throwing out comments about how the UFC is treating Tom Aspinall terribly. Clearly trying to create some good relations with Tom to lay the groundwork for him to potentially jump to Matchroom at some point in the future. 

This is like the Monday Night Wars all over again. 

Alright, well played Wand. 

Although it appears that Aspinall will remain in the UFC for now, Hearn has now got his claws into him. 

Edited by jimufctna24
  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Alright, well played Wand. 

Although it appears that Aspinall will remain in the UFC for now, Hearn has now got his claws into him. 

Yeah I was kind of half joking when I posted that but it was clear what Eddie was up to. I assumed it would be something down the line though, once Aspinall was free of his UFC contract or something. I never factored in the possibility of Eddie managing Aspinall while he’s still in the UFC. Eddie Hearn is now managing the UFC Heavyweight champion of the world!

Dana’s trying to spin it as if it doesn’t bother him. He said something like “Tito Ortiz used to manage fighters and we got things done”. Yeah, but Tito’s a mush mouthed idiot. He’s so thick he was probably unknowingly negotiating his fighters pay down rather than up. Eddie’s gonna be a thorn in Dana’s side as Aspinall’s manager. And this is only gonna further damage the already shaky relationship between Dana and the Aspinalls. Eddie knows exactly what he’s doing here. He gets to play ‘good cop’, he’ll be involved in whatever Tom’s got going on in the UFC, he’ll be in meetings and shit trying to get more out of the UFC’s pockets for Tom (and himself obviously) but all the time he’s gonna be driving that wedge between Aspinall and Dana a bit further apart. Dana’s smiling now but this Aspinall and Dana/UFC thing can only end with a nasty split at this point. Feels like there’s no way to salvage it long term. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah I was kind of half joking when I posted that but it was clear what Eddie was up to. I assumed it would be something down the line though, once Aspinall was free of his UFC contract or something. I never factored in the possibility of Eddie managing Aspinall while he’s still in the UFC. Eddie Hearn is now managing the UFC Heavyweight champion of the world!

Dana’s trying to spin it as if it doesn’t bother him. He said something like “Tito Ortiz used to manage fighters and we got things done”. Yeah, but Tito’s a mush mouthed idiot. He’s so thick he was probably unknowingly negotiating his fighters pay down rather than up. Eddie’s gonna be a thorn in Dana’s side as Aspinall’s manager. And this is only gonna further damage the already shaky relationship between Dana and the Aspinalls. Eddie knows exactly what he’s doing here. He gets to play ‘good cop’, he’ll be involved in whatever Tom’s got going on in the UFC, he’ll be in meetings and shit trying to get more out of the UFC’s pockets for Tom (and himself obviously) but all the time he’s gonna be driving that wedge between Aspinall and Dana a bit further apart. Dana’s smiling now but this Aspinall and Dana/UFC thing can only end with a nasty split at this point. Feels like there’s no way to salvage it long term. 

The only way to salvage it for a turd like Dana is for Aspinall to ditch Hearn, roll over, and grovel. PC's relationships with fighters have only ever been one way, on his terms, at his whims, and any kind of resistance is a career death sentence as far as that Vince McMahon rip-off is concerned.

I will always cheer for guys like Ngannou who defy him and go on to make more bank than PC has ever paid them. Get it right up him. The only shame is that it just doesn't happen enough. 

What I'm really hoping for is that this opens the sluice gates for other fight promoters to sign up UFC and other MMA fighters, to fight for their interests. I've no illusions about boxing promoters; most of them are absolute bastards. But in a world of bastards, you need a bastard to fight a bastard. Especially when that bastard is backed by other, richer bastards.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

What I'm really hoping for is that this opens the sluice gates for other fight promoters to sign up UFC and other MMA fighters, to fight for their interests. I've no illusions about boxing promoters; most of them are absolute bastards. But in a world of bastards, you need a bastard to fight a bastard. Especially when that bastard is backed by other, richer bastards.

Yeah, I wouldn’t trust any promoter but there are cases where promoters battling with each other means the fighter can gain from the pettiness and competition. Conor Benn is the perfect recent example. There’s no way anyone would be paying him $15 million for anything in normal circumstances. But Dana wanted to stick the boot in to Eddie and Benn was able to reap the benefits of them squabbling. Shame it was an absolute helmet like Benn  who cleaned up though. Hopefully Aspinall can have similar luck. Poor prick deserves something to go his way.

I definitely think there might be more UFC fighters Hearn has his eye on though. Him setting the table as a manager won’t just be for Aspinall. There’s more coming, I reckon. Might not get too many on the UFC roster signing up because a lot of them won’t wanna rock the boat and would rather kiss Dana’s arse. But I think a few will have their head turned by Eddie. Just off the top of my head, I absolutely think MVP could end up with Eddie representing him. He’s been very vocal about his gripes since the Conor Benn news broke. Fucker was on Sky Sports talking about it this week. He’s definitely gonna be in the Dana Doghouse. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Sorry for the double post but…

I know we steer away from embedding Twitter shit on here these days but this from Luke Thomas is too good to not share and he hasn’t uploaded a clip of this specific bit of his live chat to his YouTube channel. But Luke absolutely went in on mega shill Mike Coppinger here and it’s a beauty. Seven minutes long but it’s worth it…

Coppinger’s tried to feebly respond but it’s weak shit. 10-7 round to Luke. Best thing I’ve seen involving Coppinger since Bob Arum shouted “SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE PRICK…YEAH PRICK!” in his face that time. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 3/6/2026 at 1:25 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Sorry for the double post but…

I know we steer away from embedding Twitter shit on here these days but this from Luke Thomas is too good to not share and he hasn’t uploaded a clip of this specific bit of his live chat to his YouTube channel. But Luke absolutely went in on mega shill Mike Coppinger here and it’s a beauty. Seven minutes long but it’s worth it…

Coppinger’s tried to feebly respond but it’s weak shit. 10-7 round to Luke. Best thing I’ve seen involving Coppinger since Bob Arum shouted “SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE PRICK…YEAH PRICK!” in his face that time. 

Im not sure how Coppinger got in with such favour at Ring and Uncle Turki. He might be a decent reporter and i'd imagine will step on anyone to get a scoop but he's front and center on the broadcasts and the weekly TV show now, and he's fucking rubbish at it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...